#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
The AFL picked up the cost of B Scott’s contract, that’s why he had a new role invented for him at the AFL.
Hard to makea call on R Shaw, the list is average and their best players are injury prone. Going to be a long road for them.
Felt at the time the Shaw appointment was rushed.
There was no need to sign him up so quick.
He wasnt going to be poached.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Mid table mediocrity for 10 years under Brad Scott. Now they can look forward to 10 years of cellar dwelling.

This.

A lot of daggers will be out for Shaw, but those constant years of 7-10th are coming back to really hurt them now. Add to that some high picks which have either been useless for what they gave up or just have not worked. Think LDU, Luke McDonald was a Pick 8 but now resorted to be a tagger as he's not actually good at much other than being able to run. Average kick, average mark. You save your top 10 picks for players that should be in that top / elite category and McDonald doesn't fall into any of that. Thomas is the 1st high pick that seems any good and he was handed to them.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The MRO took into account the evidence provided by Grime's QC.
Zip QC was able to prove that the elbow to Wood's jaw just woke him up.
2 possessions before hit
7 possessions after hit

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Why does North cop it? I reckon they would be in a better financial position than St Kilda and probably Melbourne, with the Bulldogs only ahead because of the flag.

We would be livid if someone suggested we relocate, even during the dark years when we had no money or success.
I think alot of people blame them for the existence of the Suns and the money the AFL pump into them.
They should have gone to the Gold Coast when they had the chance.

There is also this "Shinboner Spirit" nonsense and an attitude of entitlement that couldn't be more misplaced.
One of the very few NM fans I know is a relative of a North player from the 70s and he is also a knowledgeable and respected football coach at a fairly high level. After Round 2, he posted "2 and zip start to the season. Not many will beat GWS at home. Greatest football club in the world. Let's talk premierships." Oh dear.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The AFL picked up the cost of B Scott’s contract, that’s why he had a new role invented for him at the AFL.
Hard to makea call on R Shaw, the list is average and their best players are injury prone. Going to be a long road for them.

that is just so dodgy but why am I not surprised.

personally I wouldn‘t miss having lolnorf but strangely would prefer the sainters to hang around and I love our rivalry with the dees

Last night you could see lolnorf play tough - they really did want to beat us - but it barely lasted a qtr.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I remember Rohan Connolly on AW after the 2001 GF having an argument with a #lolnorf fan who wanted to give it to him because the Bombers lost and Connolly ended it by telling him that at least in 10 years time he’d still have a team.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I think alot of people blame them for the existence of the Suns and the money the AFL pump into them.

There is also this "Shinboner Spirit" nonsense and an attitude of entitlement that couldn't be more misplaced.
One of the very few NM fans I know is a relative of a North player from the 70s and he is also a knowledgeable and respected football coach at a fairly high level. After Round 2, he posted "2 and zip start to the season. Not many will beat GWS at home. Greatest football club in the world. Let's talk premierships." Oh dear.

I was a supporter of them relocating to the GC and I don’t want them to relocate to Tassie.

It wasn’t that long ago we were closing in on a deal with Tassie to play games in Hobart but the AFL stepped in and blocked that so lolnorf could get it.

i don’t trust them tbh as they burnt both Canberra and GC and are now playing with Hobart and Ballarat - they should just make up their mind and play the long game.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Absolutely correct
They could have and should have relocated - and going to Qld at the time would have been a win for all parties - AFL, NM, Qld etc
Even now relocation should happen e.g. Tassie but if it was Canberra, Darwin that’s be OK too
They are a complete waste of space and resources down here
An 18 team national competition with 9 teams in one city is lunacy and must be amended

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Ain’t no kangaroos is Tassie - and any introduced species only good for road kill.

Obviously they’ve lost the right to automatically become the Tassie Kangaroos - but for the good of everyone the club must be relocated and at least they could become the basis of a home based Tassie team.
Result: Tassie team - still “only” 18 clubs - and “only” 8 of them in Melbourne

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Obviously they’ve lost the right to automatically become the Tassie Kangaroos - but for the good of everyone the club must be relocated and at least they could become the basis of a home based Tassie team.
Result: Tassie team - still “only” 18 clubs - and “only” 8 of them in Melbourne

nah - the locals in Tassie wont support them in numbers.

There are more saints and dees supporters in Tas than lolnorf supporters and they don’t even play here (more support again for the big clubs but they aren’t part of this conversation).

I heard the Solomon Islands are good for a team.