#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

nah - the locals in Tassie wont support them in numbers.

There are more saints and dees supporters in Tas than lolnorf supporters and they don’t even play here (more support again for the big clubs but they aren’t part of this conversation).

I heard the Solomon Islands are good for a team.

Appreciate that but we can’t afford a 19th team so if it became the only means of establishing a Tassie club - Tasmanians might just have to grit their teeth and accept it

Last edited:
Merge them with Gold Coast and give Tassie a team.

Everyone wins, well except North, but very few of them anyway.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
nah - the locals in Tassie wont support them in numbers.

There are more saints and dees supporters in Tas than lolnorf supporters and they don’t even play here (more support again for the big clubs but they aren’t part of this conversation).

I heard the Solomon Islands are good for a team.
Hey hey hey... cool the jets on the sollys... to the best of my knowledge I’m still the reigning champion captain/coach on the Jamie Clark trophy... can’t have some AFL wannabe upstarts taking that!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey hey hey... cool the jets on the sollys... to the best of my knowledge I’m still the reigning champion captain/coach on the Jamie Clark trophy... can’t have some AFL wannabe upstarts taking that!

the sollys might be looking for a player coach who is experienced with the local conditions and handling the crowd in Honiara - you sound like the man to me.

My bother (Norf Supporter) reckons its a conspiracy to Make Norf *smile* and poor so they are forced to relocate to Tassie.

I had my only North supporting friend claim they’ve been ruined by injury.

Larkey, Anderson, Uniacke-Davies, Cunnington, Garner, Zurhaar, Jacobs, Thomas, Turner, Vickers-Willis and Will Walker. 11 in quantity, about 4 in quality. Oh, and “effectively “ Ziebell he added.

I reminded him we were missing Cotchin, Prestia, Nankervis, Edwards, Houli, Astbury, Cumberland and Martyn. Oh, and “effectively” Caddy I added.

Am still awaiting his response......

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Terrible time for them to have a *smile* season. Whilst probably technically bankrupt already, they will have to be restructured in some form in the next two years. They are giving the AFL lots of good reasons to relocate them.

When the journos are done with days of our lives at tigerland... maybe they can look as closely at this mob...

In a world of hurt North...
Rookie coach
Inexperienced AFL CEO
Rookie team manager
Rookie list manager whose biggest claim to fame was counting disposals!
Old blokes on huge coin ie Goldstein and Higgins
Younger blokes on big coin who can't get a game.
etc etc!

They should have gone to Gold Coast when the AFL offered .. not much support .. on the road to nowhere

with no sarcasm intended ,

it seemed inevitable at the time , that decision would come back to bite them, they were a sinking ship as a business model

When the journos are done with days of our lives at tigerland... maybe they can look as closely at this mob...

In a world of hurt North...
Rookie coach
Inexperienced AFL CEO
Rookie team manager
Rookie list manager whose biggest claim to fame was counting disposals!
Old blokes on huge coin ie Goldstein and Higgins
Younger blokes on big coin who can't get a game.
etc etc!

And next year likely to be paying some of their own salary cap money to Jared Polec to play somewhere else

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
News this morning was doing the sports round and he called them "Poor old North"
I remember when people use to call us 'poor old' as well

I think the only players from North I’d try to pry away from them are Simpkin, LDU and maybe Ben McKay. The last 2 on potential alone.

I think the only players from North I’d try to pry away from them are Simpkin, LDU and maybe Ben McKay. The last 2 on potential alone.

Ben McKay is an interesting one
He'd probably come cheap and could be worth us taking a punt on as a project player
Saw a bit of him yesterday and he was out positioned a couple of times but looked despondent
Reckon he’s stagnated and had the life sucked out of him at Norf - but it must be a depressing place to work/play
He might relish the chance for probably his last crack at making it