#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
#lolNorf President was vocal during our SOS that the AFL shouldn't help us and we should fold. **** them. More than happy to see them merged or relocated.

Exactly!! People have really short memories.
#lolNorf's disdain towards our club in that desperate era of 1990 is something I can't forgive.
I will be delighted If the *smile* fold/merge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Exactly!! People have really short memories and #lolNorf's disdain towards our club in that desperate era of 1990 is something I can't forgive.
I will be delighted If the ******* fold/merge.
Will sleep smiling the day they are folded.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Why does North cop it? I reckon they would be in a better financial position than St Kilda and probably Melbourne, with the Bulldogs only ahead because of the flag.

We would be livid if someone suggested we relocate, even during the dark years when we had no money or success.

The fundamental premise is that 9 Melb based clubs is too many for the long term.

North don't necessarily "cop it" - but the least viable and least sustainable and least supported Melbourne based clubs are by definition more likely to "cop it" than others.

North is mentioned here because they're the subject of today's newspaper article.

For sure there are other current Melb based clubs in an arguably similar category.

If North were proactive about their long term future - they might take the initiative themselves.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
#lolNorf President was vocal during our SOS that the AFL shouldn't help us and we should fold. **** them. More than happy to see them merged or relocated.

Agree. *smile* them. If they folded/merged/moved, I'd laugh in the faces of all Norf fans I know (all two of them).

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I want mergers and clubs gone.
I want 12 teams 22 games a year
H & A
Top 5 make finals
Bottom 2 relegated

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
The fundamental premise is that 9 Melb based clubs is too many for the long term.

North don't necessarily "cop it" - but the least viable and least sustainable and least supported Melbourne based clubs are by definition more likely to "cop it" than others.

North is mentioned here because they're the subject of today's newspaper article.

For sure there are other current Melb based clubs in an arguably similar category.

If North were proactive about their long term future - they might take the initiative themselves.
Agree with this.
Unfortunate but dog-eat-dog and the more other clubs in the firing line the less likely it will happen to us.

North, Aints, Dogs in that order.
The only thing protecting Melbourne is the name "Melbourne" (but there was never an "Adelaide" in the SANFL so I don't see why that should help them).
I also reckon Hawthorn would be the opposite of a "sleeping giant" whatever that is.

Wellfullness

Tiger Cub
Oct 19, 2019
Tasmania don’t want North and the feeling is mutual. The Tasmanian government might be persuaded to get involved as a means of lifting spirits as well as its own reputation.
Or maybe this is a situation where the AFL would look at private ownership?

At the same time the situation with the Suns has gone on long enough.
The post virus AFL will have to tighten its belt considerably and has every reason to
bring an end to GCFC.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
West Coast Eagles aint Perth, all other states have a team named after their main city. Perth WAFL team wouldn't let them have the name, :D

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
That’s two weeks in a row I’ve seen North play, and I reckon last night was the worst North team we’ve ever played, they are in a world of pain. I think Shaw is already under the pump, they are putrid.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
*smile* club. Bought their first two flags. They despise us. We could barely give a fart about them. Their fate will take its course.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
That’s two weeks in a row I’ve seen North play, and I reckon last night was the worst North team we’ve ever played, they are in a world of pain. I think Shaw is already under the pump, they are putrid.

I also said that last night. Usually they give some form of toss. No leadership.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yes the honeymoon is over for Shaw, they'll be talking about divorce soon, that's 5 losses in row.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Surely they cant afford to offload him.
They were still paying Scotts contract.
They have slid into the abyss

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
One of my best mates is a North man. He reckons Shaw is a massive dud and the worst coach in the league.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Surely they cant afford to offload him.
They were still paying Scotts contract.
They have slid into the abyss
The AFL picked up the cost of B Scott’s contract, that’s why he had a new role invented for him at the AFL.
Hard to makea call on R Shaw, the list is average and their best players are injury prone. Going to be a long road for them.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Why does North cop it? I reckon they would be in a better financial position than St Kilda and probably Melbourne, with the Bulldogs only ahead because of the flag.

We would be livid if someone suggested we relocate, even during the dark years when we had no money or success.

I personally agree, don't want to see anymore melbourne clubs go by the wayside. I am bias though, Id quite happily *smile* off the SA and WA teams cos I'm sick of their anti melbourne whinging.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Mid table mediocrity for 10 years under Brad Scott. Now they can look forward to 10 years of cellar dwelling.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
One of my best mates is a North man. He reckons Shaw is a massive dud and the worst coach in the league.
Even from day one he didn't really inspire. Lucked into the job, they had the initial new job bounce but have since resorted back to the norm (or worse).