#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
the shadows
TigerFlag2017 said:
I have done my best since becoming premiers not to be arrogant. I certainly now have a soft spot for saints and demons supporters for them to experience the sheer elation that we all had last september.

I have found the majority of supporters have taken comfort and joy from our last 32 years of mediocrity. In fact many supporters have stuck the boots in any chance they get. their own clubs failures have been excused by the "at least we are not as bad as Richmond" giggles! Stuff em! No sympathy for any other clubs supporters from me.

Since our win they still think we were not the best side in the comp last year. Many think we were not even one of the best 4! Just lucky they reckon!

I am content for them to suffer their own misery. It is one of the pleasures of the tribal culture of sport.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tiger Rob said:
FFS people! Stop talking about sending north to tassie. We don’t want them. Send them to Darwin or Alice or even better Canberra.

Canberra shouldve been where they set up the Giants not out West.

Canberrans are into Aussie Rules People in Blacktown and Mt Druitt and Penrith are not its Rugby League Heartland.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
craig said:
Canberra shouldve been where they set up the Giants not out West.

Canberrans are into Aussie Rules People in Blacktown and Mt Druitt and Penrith are not its Rugby League Heartland.

You're probably right. And they probably will end up there! Although I'm reluctant to wish that upon any group of decent, unsuspecting young Aussies.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Norf Sellthem are a soulless club who have selled their soul for a quick buck.

They have failed to capitalise on the Wayne Carey era when they had the best player and won two flags. Their supporters talk about the famous shinboner sprit like it means something. They are a nothing club who are always looking for a handout.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
MB78 said:

They have failed to capitalise on the Wayne Carey era when they had the best player and won two flags. Their supporters talk about the famous shinboner sprit like it means something. They are a nothing club who are always looking for a handout.

Not quite nothing. They did get rid of their poker machines which is a feather in their cap.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
MB78 said:

Agree.

Sold there soul and there supporters just simply don’t go and support. Seriously send them to Tassie for at least 9 games and get Hawthorn out of there

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
CC TIGER said:
Agree.

Sold there soul and there supporters just simply don’t go and support. Seriously send them to Tassie for at least 9 games and get Hawthorn out of there

Again, stop with this north to tassie crap. If I new how to use Facebook I’d start a campaign. Elections in Tas soon. Should start a “No North to Tasmania” party. I’d romp it in.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
ninjahaha said:
I have found the majority of supporters have taken comfort and joy from our last 32 years of mediocrity. In fact many supporters have stuck the boots in any chance they get. their own clubs failures have been excused by the "at least we are not as bad as Richmond" giggles! Stuff em! No sympathy for any other clubs supporters from me.

Since our win they still think we were not the best side in the comp last year. Many think we were not even one of the best 4! Just lucky they reckon!

I am content for them to suffer their own misery. It is one of the pleasures of the tribal culture of sport.
I suspect most if not all of us as Richmond supporters have had to put up with so much crap from opposition supporters. When I hear people complaining about us still celebrating and suggesting we stop my answer is always that I have put up with ridicule for so long the football world can just put up with it.

We will celebrate when we want to and for how long we want to because we deserve it

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Sintiger said:
I suspect most if not all of us as Richmond supporters have had to put up with so much crap from opposition supporters. When I hear people complaining about us still celebrating and suggesting we stop my answer is always that I have put up with ridicule for so long the football world can just put up with it.

We will celebrate when we want to and for how long we want to because we deserve it

Too right

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Best side in the comp ? I think we were , 2 bad losses and the rest were all close losses. Adelaide ? Bad losses last year can some one fill me in ?.
Total points loss Rich V Adelaide ?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Sintiger said:

Yep, I always say “I waited 37 years for this and you want me to shut up after x months? Yeah ok....”

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tiger Rob said:
Again, stop with this north to tassie crap. If I new how to use Facebook I’d start a campaign. Elections in Tas soon. Should start a “No North to Tasmania” party. I’d romp it in.

But it wouldn't be North. You could rename it to whatever, change the colours, change the song, change the emblem, change everything. #lolNorf don't have enough supporters to start a decent protest.

Trying to think of a uniquely Tassie name might be tough though. Tassie Devils - too close to the Demons, Tassie Tigers - sorry, taken. Tassie Apples - nah, won't work. Tassie Maps would be my favorite.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
This thread paints a vivid mental image for me.

On one one side we have North. The skinny kid on the beach having sand kicked in it's face. No money. No facilities. No supporters. Low membership. Poor coach. Nobody watches them.

On the other side we have Richmond. Heavyweight thugs kicking the sand. Popular. Rich. Outstanding facilities. Recently successful. Massive supporter base, membership numbers and attendance figures. A league powerhouse.

Makes me wonder why the bullying mentality. Do we resent the fact the skinny kid has had the audacity to have more onfield success than the muscle men in the AFL era? Do we secretly admire (or resent) the fact they often have our measure despite all their shortcomings so put on a face of pseudo toughness to mask it?

If North are as bad as many make out why the need to put them down so much. What joy does a bully get kicking sand?

Maybe we protesteth too much. But why?

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
For me it’s probably bitterness from being their bunny for so long. Still salty about that jason macartney game. Nothing against him. But to lose to them again from a winning position. Long bitter memories.

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
All good points you make Rosy.
Those of us that endured that loss in 2015 to Norf, know very well how the kanga supporters rubbed it into us.
I'm more than happy to finally do some sand kicking after being buried up to my neck for 30 odd years.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
ninjahaha said:

I have found the most satisfying response to those barbs is simply to smile and agree with them: "Yeah I know, but we still won the bloody thing. How good is that!"

I don't believe it for one second but it is great to see the frustration and pain on their faces and it makes the win even better. Not only do you deprive them of the joy of upsetting you by trying to denigrate our win but it turns the knife by reiterating that fact that we still won the flag. Absolutely priceless.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
rosy3 said:

On one one side we have North. The skinny kid on the beach having sand kicked in it's face. No money. No facilities. No supporters. Low membership. Poor coach. Nobody watches them.

On the other side we have Richmond. Heavyweight thugs kicking the sand. Popular. Rich. Outstanding facilities. Recently successful. Massive supporter base, membership numbers and attendance figures. A league powerhouse.

Makes me wonder why the bullying mentality. Do we resent the fact the skinny kid has had the audacity to have more onfield success than the muscle men in the AFL era? Do we secretly admire (or resent) the fact they often have our measure despite all their shortcomings so put on a face of pseudo toughness to mask it?

If North are as bad as many make out why the need to put them down so much. What joy does a bully get kicking sand?

Role reversal. Not so long ago we were the skinny kid on the beach. In fact we couldn't even afford to get to the beach. Blokes like Harvey kicking sand in our face. Plus they have the whingiest / saltiest coach in the comp (narrowly edging out his salty brother). lolNorf get no respect from me.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
23.21.159 said:
not sure I've met 3 Norf supporters in my whole life.

my brother does and he hates Scott with a passion. and my local gym is actually at the NMFC. I've seen Ben Brown around the traps a few times and its half tempting to ask him how he keeps motivated by playing for a team going nowhere.

TigerFlag2017 said:
I have done my best since becoming premiers not to be arrogant. I certainly now have a soft spot for saints and demons supporters for them to experience the sheer elation that we all had last september.

no sympathy for either. st Kilda have the most feral fans in the league and Melbourne have the most toffs. and I am loving being arrogant. just keep an eye out for my posts on the SEN Facebook page :spin

Baloo said:
Tassie Maps would be my favorite.

there is a joke in there somewhere about Tasmanian forests being removed and Brazil, but I'm yet to put all the words together.

Tiger Rob said:
For me it’s probably bitterness from being their bunny for so long. Still salty about that jason macartney game. Nothing against him. But to lose to them again from a winning position. Long bitter memories.

me too. I will be forever salty after that game.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
rosy3 said:

Is there any truth to the old story that they were the only club who wanted us booted out of the AFL in the dark days of 1990?

If so, I have zero sympathy for them.

Nah, bugger it, I don't care about Norf regardless.

Only club I care less about is Essendon.