#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

pokey

Coffee never tasted so good
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
betterlifecoachingblog.com
In primary school, we were the skinny runts and #lolnorf were the fat bullies driven by poor self esteem.

Now it's high school and we've grown a foot and filled out nicely, whilst they've stayed on the donuts and have pimply faces.

It's time to start pushing our weight around and they will pay for their past hubris.

(Please note, I am not condoning bullying, this is a metaphor)

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
Baron Samedi said:
Is there any truth to the old story that they were the only club who wanted us booted out of the AFL in the dark days of 1990?

If so, I have zero sympathy for them.

Nah, bugger it, I don't care about Norf regardless.

Only club I care less about is Essendon.

Yes. I can’t remember the exact words but was something akin to “if a club can’t stand on its own then they should shut the doors”.

Wanted our great club gone. They have had their hand out to the AFL for so long but strangely haven’t shut their doors but we have not had AFL assistance we at least did it ourselves and we are stronger than ever.

In reply to Rosy I don’t see it as the bully kicking sand in the face of a weakling but of a person started a fight that they couldn’t win and are being continually beaten because they just won’t accept their fate.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
BrisTiger24 said:
Role reversal. Not so long ago we were the skinny kid on the beach. In fact we couldn't even afford to get to the beach. Blokes like Harvey kicking sand in our face. Plus they have the whingiest / saltiest coach in the comp (narrowly edging out his salty brother). lolNorf get no respect from me.

Not sure we were the skinny kid. We were always bigger than them but the best analogy is that we had cancer. Internally destroying ourselves and while we were at our weakest, it was the lolNorf supporters who took joy and delight in kicking us while we were down. Melbourne supporters were a close second. Napoleon complex the both of them.

brigadiertiger said:
Yes. I can’t remember the exact words but was something akin to “if a club can’t stand on its own then they should shut the doors”.

Wanted our great club gone. They have had their hand out to the AFL for so long but strangely haven’t shut their doors but we have not had AFL assistance we at least did it ourselves and we are stronger than ever.

Yeah, went looking for the quote but couldn't find it. Pretty sure it was Bob Ansett on his malone that was happy to see us fold and was against any assistance.

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
Baloo said:
Yeah, went looking for the quote but couldn't find it. Pretty sure it was Bob Ansett on his malone that was happy to see us fold and was against any assistance.

Pretty sure there was a second club against any assistance but they kept it behind closed doors Ansett/North said it publicly.

Which is why the only club a really can’t stand is North bunch of hypocrites.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:

Yeah it was Bob Ansett, North President at the time.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:

and Ansett (Airlines) did fold of course.

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
the shadows
rosy3 said:
Makes me wonder why the bullying mentality. Do we resent the fact the skinny kid has had the audacity to have more onfield success than the muscle men in the AFL era? Do we secretly admire (or resent) the fact they often have our measure despite all their shortcomings so put on a face of pseudo toughness to mask it?

If North are as bad as many make out why the need to put them down so much. What joy does a bully get kicking sand?

Maybe we protesteth too much. But why?

We go to the footy week in week out for our whole existence.
We wear our colours, them theirs,
We enter the arena together,
We leave the arena together.

Some you win some you lose!

We lose...
We suffer while they celebrate,
We cop it on PT on the way home,
We cop it in the playground.

We grow up,
We get paid to cop it at work.
We listen to em gloat on talkback,
We watch the experts dissect us,

winners a grinners...

We win a flag,
We can here em mumble.
we can taste their silence,
we ride the crest of their salty waves...

Me I hate them all! Forever will it be!

So endeth the sermon!

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Baron Samedi said:
Is there any truth to the old story that they were the only club who wanted us booted out of the AFL in the dark days of 1990?

If so, I have zero sympathy for them.

Nah, bugger it, I don't care about Norf regardless.

Only club I care less about is Essendon.

North would always be jumping at the chance to get any Victorian club out of the competition for the simple fact that after Fitzroy, they are the next cab off the rank and there is no denying that fact.
The more Vic clubs out of the way, the longer they can stay.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
gutfull said:
Best side in the comp ? I think we were , 2 bad losses and the rest were all close losses. Adelaide ? Bad losses last year can some one fill me in ?.
Total points loss Rich V Adelaide ?

Our losses : 76, 5, 2, 3, 9, 67, 14 ... total 176, average 25.1
Their losses : 59, 41, 22, 14, 3, 29 ... total 168, average 28.0 (they only lost 6 games compared to our 7 - had one draw).

Our losing margins are so polarized that it's difficult to make any serious statistical analysis of that.
The only stat that significantly ends up in our favour is median - ours is 9, theirs 25.5.

Also the fact that two of their losses were in the last two rounds when they already had a top-two finish and a home final sewn up should be taken into consideration.
Would they have won either of those two if they'd needed to?
Doubt it would have made much difference against Sydney as Adelaide had 7 more scoring shots anyway. Reckon it would have against West Coast.

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
Baloo said:
Not sure we were the skinny kid. We were always bigger than them but the best analogy is that we had cancer. Internally destroying ourselves and while we were at our weakest, it was the lolNorf supporters who took joy and delight in kicking us while we were down. Melbourne supporters were a close second. Napoleon complex the both of them.

How is Ansett these days?

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
King Kong said:
Dropped #lolNorf like yesterdays breakfast and headed for the Qld bush ages ago.

I thought he died but apparently still doing speaking tours: http://www.bobansett.com.au/

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
and don't forget they had Ron Casey for years and years, and now Brayshaw fronting, dominating and controlling the media narrative a la Eddie ...
never any trouble to give the norf 'feel good' story some airtime.
Ch7 cameras at norf training guaranteed during the 70s

I hate 'em for that final and the way they rubbed it in

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Did i read right that Goldy is on close to a mill? As good a player Goldy has been, silly money for a ruckman. And he stinks now making him untradeable.

#LOLNORTH

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
TigerFlag2017 said:
Did i read right that Goldy is on close to a mill? As good a player Goldy has been, silly money for a ruckman. And he stinks now making him untradeable.

#LOLNORTH

Sounds like Richmond of yesterday.
One good year and your untouchable on a big long $$$ contract.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
#lolnorf claiming they are in the hunt for Lynch :hihi

Apparently going after two big fish after missing out on Dusty and Kelly last year :rofl

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
BrisTiger24 said:
#lolnorf claiming they are in the hunt for Lunch :hihi

Apparently going after two big fish after missing out on Dusty and Kelly last year :rofl

Hope they are hungry.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
BrisTiger24 said:
#lolnorf claiming they are in the hunt for Lunch :hihi

#lolnorf are every player managers dream come true.

The managers simply use them as leverage in negotiations with the club the player really wants to play for.