#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Said this a week or so ago. Every team plays every other team once, then starts again in round 18. It continues on the next season. It’s random and fair. The trade off is the loss of scheduled ‘blockbusters’.
Except for the interstate derbies don't think there are any guaranteed double ups any more. We don't seek certainly don't play our major enemies twice in a year. It's only about when a club wants to play a certain opponent... eg Anzac Eve.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
To be fair Fagan was the same and has been fantastic for Brisbane.

Not sure that alone is a reason, so long as surrounded by the right people.
Fagan was Assistant Coach-Head of Coaching and Development at Hawthorn up until 2013 before being appointed as a coach again in 2016 at Brisbane.

3 years v 10 years ? That’s a big difference.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Bob Ansett, President of North Melbourne, vocally opposed the AFL helping out Richmond when we went through Save Our Skins. No club should need AFL handouts to survive was his view.

Karma is a *smile*.

He's long dead and there is noone left at the club from those times.

How long do you hold a grudge?

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He's long dead and there is noone left at the club from those times.

How long do you hold a grudge?

Some things you forgive, some you forget, but when someone actively lobbies for your death, I tend to never let that go.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
To be fair Fagan was the same and has been fantastic for Brisbane.

Not sure that alone is a reason, so long as surrounded by the right people.
and at the time it looked like Fagan's apparent success was a big factor in Noble's recruitment.
The appointment smacked a lot of north trying to follow a new trend, rather than following an thorough process.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I watched a tiny bit of the North on the couch members info session they had yesterday and screened on Foxfooty lastnight.
Amarfio was pretending to speak like he was a footy expert and if not for the clearly scripted questions. .... he may be a big part of the issue.

Decided to check out every clubs CEO.... All bar one are footy people with varying degrees of experience and expertise. ...

Adelaide. ... Tim Silvers - 17 years @Hawthorn
Brisbane. .... Greg Swann - 8 years @pies 8 years @blues
Carlton. .... Brian Cook - 9 years @WC 21 years @cats plus playing career
Collingwood. ... Mark Anderson - CCO @ess 6 years @Hockey Au 6 years @ Swim Au
Essendon. .... Xavier Campbell - CCO @ess prior to that Octagon sports marketing
Fremantle. .... Simon Garlick - 4 years CEO @WB plus playing career
Geelong. ... Stephen Hocking - 4 years @AFL 11 years @cats in footy ops plus playing career
Gold Coast.... Mark Evans - 4 years @AFL 10 years @hawks footy ops
GWS ..... Dave Matthews - 13 years @AFL
Hawthorn. ... Justin Reeves - 7 years CCO @Pies 2 years @cats
Melbourne. .... Gary Pert - 11 years CEO @Pies plus playing career
North. ... Ben Amarfio - 6 years @CA 5 years @Austerio
Port Adelaide. ....Matthew Richardson - 20 years @PA in variety of admin exec positions
Richmond. ... Brendon Gale - 5 years @AFLPA plus illustrious playing career
StKilda. ... Matt Finnis - 5 years @AFLPA
Sydney. ... Tom Harley - 4 years @swans footy ops plus playing career
WC.... Trevor Nisbet - @wc 10 years prior to being ceo since 99!
WB.... Ameet Bains - 3 years @blues 6 years footy ops and COO @saints

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I watched a tiny bit of the North on the couch members info session they had yesterday and screened on Foxfooty lastnight.
Amarfio was pretending to speak like he was a footy expert and if not for the clearly scripted questions. .... he may be a big part of the issue.

Given Amarfio's record and that these resignations apparently happened due to a lack of support, I would suggest Amarfio is the major issue.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Some things you forgive, some you forget, but when someone actively lobbies for your death, I tend to never let that go.

Fair enough, I recommend sending Mr Ansett an angry email letting him know

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Given Amarfio's record and that these resignations apparently happened due to a lack of support, I would suggest Amarfio is the major issue.
Just listened to his face the press session. .... I reckon he'll be gone by the end of the year.... if they can find some sucker to do the job!

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011

Decided to check out every clubs CEO.... All bar one are footy people with varying degrees of experience and expertise. ...

Adelaide. ... Tim Silvers - 17 years @Hawthorn
Brisbane. .... Greg Swann - 8 years @pies 8 years @blues
Carlton. .... Brian Cook - 9 years @WC 21 years @cats plus playing career
Collingwood. ... Mark Anderson - CCO @ess 6 years @Hockey Au 6 years @ Swim Au
Essendon. .... Xavier Campbell - CCO @ess prior to that Octagon sports marketing
Fremantle. .... Simon Garlick - 4 years CEO @WB plus playing career
Geelong. ... Stephen Hocking - 4 years @AFL 11 years @cats in footy ops plus playing career
Gold Coast.... Mark Evans - 4 years @AFL 10 years @hawks footy ops
GWS ..... Dave Matthews - 13 years @AFL
Hawthorn. ... Justin Reeves - 7 years CCO @Pies 2 years @cats
Melbourne. .... Gary Pert - 11 years CEO @Pies plus playing career
North. ... Ben Amarfio - 6 years @CA 5 years @Austerio
Port Adelaide. ....Matthew Richardson - 20 years @PA in variety of admin exec positions
Richmond. ... Brendon Gale - 5 years @AFLPA plus illustrious playing career
StKilda. ... Matt Finnis - 5 years @AFLPA
Sydney. ... Tom Harley - 4 years @swans footy ops plus playing career
WC.... Trevor Nisbet - @wc 10 years prior to being ceo since 99!
WB.... Ameet Bains - 3 years @blues 6 years footy ops and COO @saints
Not much good every seems to come out of CA.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Interesting story that hasn't been told is that Luffy couldn't handle the calls from Boomer Harvey and his mates (including those employed by the club) demanding that his son be taken with North's first pick. Quite rightly Luffy advised the club that Boomer jnr is not good enough for such a lofty pick to be used.

• Wow

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
As much as I try to edit Karen Cornes out of my life he creeps into it. Saw that he’s crowing that Luff quit North because of Karen’s negative comments about him.

Jesus, what an egotistical moron. Would take credit for inventing water if he could.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
The attitude on here about North is pretty disappointing. People clearly have short memories.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
bloody hell I ain't buyin' anything coming out of North at the moment.

one bloke leaves for a better offer in the industry, that I can swallow.

but the other two just happen to want out at the same time?

only scenario that happens is when they don't see clear skies on the horizon.

CEO seems like a muppet, coach can't reign in his emotions which is unprofessional when dealing with young men these days.

terrible club, rabble.