#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Worried Norf might not be a basket case for much longer.
The thing is with North, if they do have success it'll be like an interstate club winning the flag where no one in Victoria gives a *smile* because of their tiny support base. It's a win for us all!

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Good on them for getting Clarkson it will give them some hope etc moving forward.

But the Blues also got Pagan a while back.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He won’t have the luxuries like he did at hawks in my opinion.
Might not have the luxuries, but he's more than likely to at least have everyone working for the same objective and working together to try and achieve it. That's half the battle won right from the start.

Reckon at Essendrugs it'd simply be butting heads against a tribe of back door experts all wanting to poke their fingers into the way things are done n *smile* one another over as often as possible.

Reactions: 4 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
he will need every minute of his 5 year deal .to turn that club around...................off to tassie I think

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I've heard that Sonja Hood a few times the last couple of weeks and she's suitably impressive.

I reckon she'll punt that CEO dud of theirs.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
he will need every minute of his 5 year deal .to turn that club around...................off to tassie I think
Tassie not the only option (according to their handful of supporters) - there's always oblivion

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I'm weirdly happy for the Roos

probably a bit to do with Essendrugs shambolic behaviour ..

but it's a good gig for Clarkson and the club

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Clarkson didn't want to work with Dodoro and co. They will bring back james Hird to coach now.

Please please please make this happen

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
This is great for the game.

I share everyone's dislike for North, but I am pleased for them

(although it might have something to do with the bomber's debacle...)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Can't wait for the Clarko is a genius claims from the media when lolnorf win their first game

His time has passed - Hawthorn wouldn't have turfed him out if he still had it

• Wow

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
For North the plan in getting Clarkson is more than just wins on the football field. That club needs just as much from Clarkson to restructure the off field as well.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Have a question mark over Clarko.
Great coach during the peak but really seemed to struggle in the last few years at Hawthorn.
Mitchell has gotten more out of the team this years then Clarko did.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Smart move by North.

Smart move by Clarko.

All depends a bit on how this is done. It isn't the early 1970s with the 10 year rule being brought in, this will likely take longer than Barassi going to North, but if they have a plan to build a team, if they have patience, they have potential. Lots of early draft picks, a few good players, a young list which can develop. The critical thing is not to expect too much too early. Finals in 2023? Yeah, doubt it. Manage expectations, solid build from where they are now and in a few years maybe finals, and contenders following that.

Don't particularly like or dislike North, although their attitude when we were in trouble still p!sses me off. The reality is that ambivalence is one of their problems, small supporter base and no-one else cares that much. But they will earn respect if they use the opportunity of getting Clarko in to do a proper build of a good team. The good sign is the 5 year deal, they are not delusional like Essendon, North know this will take time.

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I despise Norf when I remember they exist, but this is good for them. They were on the fast-track to oblivion, with a player exodus likely. Now you'd think they're a good chance of the likes of Horne-Francis and Thomas staying - at least better than they were. You can bet the AFL will want to help Clarko out with a priority pick too.

JHF, LDU, Simpkin, Thomas, Powell, Phillips is a talented young midfield to build with. Scott.

Larkey and McKay are 24-25-year-old bookends. They'll have pick 1 this year and Clarko will be given grace to collect another very early pick next year too.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with pick 1. Do they need another mid? Or will they try to split it and get Cadman and a key defender?