#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
#lolnorf finally land a big fish.
essendum jilted, goldenballs hird to return, with goldfinger sheedy as an assistant, goldsyringe dank head of nutritio, goldweight Robinson head of strength and conditioning.
New club sponsors, East German company Vateverittakes and Russian company InjectionsRus Da.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Dr Sonia Hood is an impressive operator. Peggy vibes.
Worried Norf might not be a basket case for much longer.
I would expect them to recruit far better after this. Still a couple of head cases on list that have to be sorted. Good base of midfield talent. Key forward a must. Now Clarko has to teach em how to play. He's good at that apparently.

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
The thing is with North, if they do have success it'll be like an interstate club winning the flag where no one in Victoria gives a *smile* because of their tiny support base. It's a win for us all!
Plus I've heard the ol' we have a Kangaroo so everyone around Australia will buy a membership *smile* before. They are who they are. Minnows.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Lol Norf expecting Clarko to turn up with a magic wand. Top two players Goldy & Ziebell passed used by date . Maybe offer Dusty a bomb.

• Wow

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Ron Joseph giving essendum a swipe., saying Clarko wouldn’t want to take “their drug money” :LOL:

Seriously though, how about this cheapshot comment from Ron Joseph in the same interview:

“Why would you want Kevin Sheedy looking over your shoulder at that spiritless, windswept hole they abandoned the iconic Windy Hill for?” :clap2

Now while I wouldn't disagree with the comment, it is kind of funny coming from a power broker at a club who uses Marvel stadium as its home ground.

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The stain of Brad Scott has faded, I don't dislike the Roos so much anymore.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So do we expect North to get the end of round 1 priority pick? If they do then I presume our pick 19 (which coincidentally was Norths) gets moved down to 20 ?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So do we expect North to get the end of round 1 priority pick? If they do then I presume our pick 19 (which coincidentally was Norths) gets moved down to 20 ?
Yes I guarantee that the AFL will give North a bonus pick, (call it what you will), but it will be the 1st pick in round two despite them having traded away that right to us.

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Seriously though, how about this cheapshot comment from Ron Joseph in the same interview:

“Why would you want Kevin Sheedy looking over your shoulder at that spiritless, windswept hole they abandoned the iconic Windy Hill for?” :clap2

Now while I wouldn't disagree with the comment, it is kind of funny coming from a power broker at a club who uses Marvel stadium as its home ground.
Reckon that might have been in reference to Essendrugs fancy state of the art facility out the back paddocks of Tulla.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
*smile* up their own list over the years n now they want a heap of freebies n bonuses to help them get back up the ladder. Just gotta love all the AFL unequal equalisation of the comp.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Now asking for extra rookie spots, as well as priority picks, to help rebuild.

One of the big issues I see for a bottom club is the minimum salary cap of 95%. You just have to be paying overs on a lot of your list - not sure how you structure a proper build around that. I guess they would be front ending contracts to leave space in the future. If salaries were made public this massive overpayment of duds would be obvious.

Adding extra spots for bottom teams should help in this regard as you could smooth out wages across more players.

Root cause for me though is this minimum cap. North should be paying 70-75% for the output they are getting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Root cause for me though is this minimum cap. North should be paying 70-75% for the output they are getting.
Yep. Been a major hate of mine for ages. There's always a couple of clubs going through major list restructuring every year n there needs to be greater flexibility in how much of the cap you spend for the list talent you have available. Would save redeveloping clubs from having to pay massive overs to players not in a position to play at the premium level n would also leave plenty of room to make a play for quality talent when they come available.

Reactions: 1 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Does anything say oxymoron quite like ‘North Melbourne power broker’?

• Haha