#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
So Clarko did do the smart thing. Good on him for seeing through the Essendon *smile*.
*smile* them
No one in there right mind would go to Essendon with Sheedy and the hidden mob there.
At least at nth Clarkson will have the time and support to do the job without any distractions

Reactions: 2 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I despise Norf when I remember they exist, but this is good for them. They were on the fast-track to oblivion, with a player exodus likely. Now you'd think they're a good chance of the likes of Horne-Francis and Thomas staying - at least better than they were. You can bet the AFL will want to help Clarko out with a priority pick too.

JHF, LDU, Simpkin, Thomas, Powell, Phillips is a talented young midfield to build with. Scott.

Larkey and McKay are 24-25-year-old bookends. They'll have pick 1 this year and Clarko will be given grace to collect another very early pick next year too.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with pick 1. Do they need another mid? Or will they try to split it and get Cadman and a key defender?
Yeah would love Clarko to say in his presser that he took the north job over the bombers because north have the better list....would just rub their noses in it just that little more.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Good for North. Although, from an outsiders view it seem like their entire process revolved around “get Clarkson”.

On Clarkson, we all know he can coach but does he have the patience needed to rebuild Norths list. They are in a similar position to what we were in Hardwick early years so he’s probably got the best part of a decade before they genuinely contend. We also know that Clarkson all but shunned the draft in the latter half of his time at Hawthorn which set back their rebuild. Time will tell.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I despise Norf when I remember they exist, but this is good for them. They were on the fast-track to oblivion, with a player exodus likely. Now you'd think they're a good chance of the likes of Horne-Francis and Thomas staying - at least better than they were. You can bet the AFL will want to help Clarko out with a priority pick too.

JHF, LDU, Simpkin, Thomas, Powell, Phillips is a talented young midfield to build with. Scott.

Larkey and McKay are 24-25-year-old bookends. They'll have pick 1 this year and Clarko will be given grace to collect another very early pick next year too.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with pick 1. Do they need another mid? Or will they try to split it and get Cadman and a key defender?

I reckon they split it. Possibly into 3 picks. Gold Coast have a heap of picks, and they are yet to be told what happens to their list (I think their list size concessions will be reduced).

I'm thinking something like. Adelaide trade Pick 5 for Rankine.

North In Picks 5, 15 and 31. Out, Pick 1 plus a future 3rd
Brisbane - In Picks 25 and 32, Out 18, plus a future 3rd - essentially brings 2023 points into 2022 - might need a bit more wheel greasing
GC - In Pick 1, future 3rd (North), future 3rd (Brisbane). Out Picks 5, 25, 31, 32 - GC may need to give a little back to Brisbane

Essentially, good for brisbane - increases their points in 2022. Good for GC, they take Picks 1 and 7 in the draft, they still have plenty of later picks. Good for North as they get Picks 5 and 15, and I suspect they trade 31 to St Kilda for Hill (good result for Saints too IMO).

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I'm very glad for all Roos supporters, it gives them hope for the future.
My wife is a Roos member & she's very happy with Clarko's appointment.

On the other hand Effendums treatment of Rutten is a disgrace, they should be very very embarrassed, but we all know that they wont be.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
BREAKING NEWS from AFL:

* North Melbourne are now favorites for the 2023 flag
* R2 - North Melbourne will play Richmond at Marvel Stadium.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Shaun Burgoyne to be an assistant, or in player development at Norf, you heard it here first.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Didn’t ne speak so well.
Was listening to the radio and no wonder he won 4 flags at Hawthorn.
As a player you would run through a wall for him!

Chalk and cheese as the saying goes upon listening to the Essendon President and listening to Clarkson.

Spoke with so much passion

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Personally, this is a bit like Fly at the Scum. I wish Clarko well, but the club I couldn't care less about, however, it would be good to see them rise again.

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
For North the plan in getting Clarkson is more than just wins on the football field. That club needs just as much from Clarkson to restructure the off field as well.
He also buys them time to get their house in order. Time that isn’t given to first time coaches

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Not one of the weak gutted journo's asked Clarko when he's going to start looking at real estate in Tassie :)

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wood is impressive in a Peggy kid of way. If they got a decent CEO then #lolNorf may actually get somewhere. That should make their 38 supporters happy.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Didn’t ne speak so well.
Was listening to the radio and no wonder he won 4 flags at Hawthorn.
As a player you would run through a wall for him!

Chalk and cheese as the saying goes upon listening to the Essendon President and listening to Clarkson.

Spoke with so much passion

At Hawthorn his speaking worked when he was reading out the team sheet during their premiership 3-peat - it sounded fantastic.
But it didn't sound quite as convincing in his last few seasons.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Wood is impressive in a Peggy kid of way. If they got a decent CEO then #lolNorf may actually get somewhere. That should make their 38 supporters happy.

Yeah I suspect despite Clarko and Hood they will go nowhere while Amarafio is there especially off field.