Luke Hodge | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Hodge

bullus_hit said:
Sheedy, Clarkson & Pagan all won multiple premierships and resided over an era of dominance.
Sheeds wasn't a champion, but he was a step above the likes of Clarkson and even Pagan as a player. Over 200 games, multiple flags, he was pretty good.

CC TIGER said:
Money talks.

This. Hodge is actually pretty well set up off away from football. Has been very smart with property and involved in some reasonably profitable off field ventures. But he will follow the coin. If we offer him a good wage, the Clarko connection we could offer him a similar quasi apprenticeship that the Hawks are giving Chris Newman. Would be a huge get.

Spoke really well in all pressers I saw yesterday. Played his first game against us was crapping himself as we were the team he followed

hope he doesn't get brain washed.
New players come on and give great insight to the game,
but give it a year or two and suddenly they're like every other peanut in the media.

Reactions: 6 users
hope he doesn't get brain washed.
New players come on and give great insight to the game,
but give it a year or two and suddenly they're like every other peanut in the media.

Think Hodge is a bit different. .. not sure he suffers fools going by his on-air run in with Brian Taylor a few weeks ago.

Personally don't reckon he'll be doing that gig for too long as eventually he could walk into any F/T assistant role he wants IMO.

No idea what level he's reached certification wise but surely based purely on football experience and getting the job done when it matters, he'd have all the recent new senior blokes covered you'd think.

C'mon Hodgey, join us at Tigerland. .... ya know it makes sense!

Reactions: 4 users
He captained the hawks so you'd expect he goes there as an assistant.

How many captains have gone onto coach another club? I can think of Worsfold. Was Simpson captain?

How many captains have gone onto coach another club? I can think of Worsfold. Was Simpson captain?

Newman went to the Hawks

Sorry meant senior coach

They should do their assistant stints elsewhere though. Sam Mitchell went over to the West as his first assistant gig.

I can see Hodgey at RFC. He was, and his family still are, mad Richmond.

Reactions: 1 user

Dimma was at Hawks with Hodgey.
So we have a connection to him.

Matty Knights.
Matthews.
Frawley.

Off the top of my head.

Reactions: 1 user