Luke Hodge | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Hodge

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Must offer him a coaching role.
Would love to have him at the club.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
zgod said:
Must offer him a coaching role.
Would love to have him at the club.

Sign him up.
Imagine what he would've done to membrey
Wonderful strong reliable leader. Pity he played at hawthorn

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Must be time for the "he used to barrack for us as a kid so he's one of us" posts.......

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
tigertim said:
Must be time for the "he used to barrack for us as a kid so he's one of us" posts.......
Not sure if it's been said. But he did barrack for the Tigers as a kid, so maybe time to finally bring him home ;D

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
bowden4president said:
Not sure if it's been said. But he did barrack for the Tigers as a kid, so maybe time to finally bring him home ;D
And he played under Hardwick as an assistant at the Hawks. Bet the Hawks find a role for him, though.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
CarnTheTiges said:
And he played under Hardwick as an assistant at the Hawks. Bet the Hawks find a role for him, though.

He will go to another club, probably one where a Clarkson assistant is coaching. WC already has Mitchell, so it won't be them. It will be out of Richmond, Carlton, GWS, Bullies or Collingwood.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Would think Hodge would be a great addition to the coaching staff at RFC. It would be a coup to get Hodge into the Yellow and Black fold, but I think the odds of the Tigers securing his services anytime soon might be slim.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Bullarto Tiger said:
Would think Hodge would be a great addition to the coaching staff at RFC. It would be a coup to get Hodge into the Yellow and Black fold, but I think the odds of the Tigers securing his services anytime soon might be slim.

I don't think they know how to be honest. I hope I'm wrong

Collingwood on the other hand tend to do it quietly and then full of denial. theyre masters at it compared to RFC

I truly hope, somehow they sign him up from now. He followed the Tiges as a young kid. Would be a great addition to help the club.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Would be a great get.

But I think he will take the year and get into the media as I enjoy listening to him on Ch 7 when they have him as special comments .

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
CC TIGER said:
Money talks.

And that about sums it up.
Hodge most likely will take a lucrative media gig for 2018 and have a good look at the AFL landscape and see where he might be able to position himself for future football success.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Great players are not necessarily excellent coaches. Some ordinary players like Malthouse and Hafey made great coaches though. No doubt others will come to mind.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
graystar1 said:
Great players are not necessarily excellent coaches. Some ordinary players like Malthouse and Hafey made great coaches though. No doubt others will come to mind.

Sheedy, Clarkson & Pagan all won multiple premierships and resided over an era of dominance.

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
graystar1 said:

Agree but Hodge is undertaking a mentor/onfield coaching role while playing now and from all accounts does it well. He is very vocal on the ground so I suspect he takes the lead in marshalling the players on set ups/structures etc. Can't hurt to have someone that has tasted recent success around the boys! I'm sure he wouldn't accept mediocrity.