Luke Hodge | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Hodge

How many captains have gone onto coach another club? I can think of Worsfold. Was Simpson captain?
Yep he was
Added to those also off the top of the noggin...
Hart
Blight
Roos
G McKenna
Walls
Stewart
Ayres
Barassi
Alexander
Sheedy
Alves
Ratten
Watson
Choco
Parkin
Jezza
Danaher
Thompson
Tuddy
Skilton

Probably heaps I've forgotten or don't know going back.

Reactions: 2 users
Yep he was
Hart
Blight
Roos
G McKenna
Walls
Stewart
Ayres
Barassi
Alexander
Sheedy
Alves
Ratten
Watson
Choco
Parkin
Jezza
Danaher
Thompson
Tuddy
Skilton

Martty Knights, Brett Ratten.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep he was
Hart
Blight
Roos
G McKenna
Walls
Stewart
Ayres
Barassi
Alexander
Sheedy
Alves
Ratten
Watson
Choco
Parkin
Jezza
Danaher
Thompson
Tuddy
Skilton

So you're saying there's been alot?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Yep he was
Hart
Blight
Roos
G McKenna
Walls
Stewart
Ayres
Barassi
Alexander
Sheedy
Alves
Ratten
Watson
Choco
Parkin
Jezza
Danaher
Thompson
Tuddy
Skilton

Great work & memory Aoc.

I’d be amazed if there wasn’t 15 clubs talking to him.

If there was anyone Id trust with the Balmey role moving forward it would be Hodgey.

Hodgey is a Tigers man its just taken him his whole career to get to Punt Road.

Even with his commentary he is Pro Tigers moreso obvious than Richoman.

Come on Down Luke you know you want too, better late than never.

Once a Tiger .........................................

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Spoke well not only on us on every club.Tiger follower when he was a kid same as Crawford loves us said people say tigers play that hectic game plan only they do not only tho said gets me annoyed there is a method behind it and style.

Great leader, captain and player. And makes sense. But personally find him quite boring to listen to.

Probably because I only ever hear him with Whateley who is one of the more sycophantic interviewers when it comes to great players. He just can't hide his fanboi grovelling.

Nick Reiwoldt easily the most engaging x-player in the media.

Reactions: 3 users
Great leader, captain and player. And makes sense. But personally find him quite boring to listen to.

Probably because I only ever hear him with Whateley who is one of the more sycophantic interviewers when it comes to great players. He just can't hide his fanboi grovelling.

Different aren’t they?

Nick & Hodge.

Yep he was
Hart
Blight
Roos
G McKenna
Walls
Stewart
Ayres
Barassi
Alexander
Sheedy
Alves
Ratten
Watson
Choco
Parkin
Jezza
Danaher
Thompson
Tuddy
Skilton

Kind of reminds me of that classic "Life of Brian" line: "Yeah but apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us"!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Apparently Nick was close to joining Jack for a year or two in his twilight, but the natural Riewoldt loyalty to the Saints was too much. Nick was an absolute "ornament to the game".

Reactions: 5 users
Apparently Nick was close to joining Jack for a year or two in his twilight, but the natural Riewoldt loyalty to the Saints was too much. Nick was an absolute "ornament to the game".
My opinion of Nick has only continued to increase since he retired. Would have loved to have had him (and Hodge) at the Tigers. Seem like terrific people.

Reactions: 2 users
My opinion of Nick has only continued to increase since he retired. Would have loved to have had him (and Hodge) at the Tigers. Seem like terrific people.
But also I,m glad that Nick stayed a one club player.

And for Hodge i,m in total agreement to get him - as every club and fan is doing

Reckon Hodge would be a good replacement for the retiring Leppich.

I reckon Hodge comes across pretty arrogant. This works well when he is putting some of the other fools in their place, and im sure it helped him on the footy field. But i am not sure how he would go as a coach. of course i could be totally wrong.

.me too jazz
.tbh i never warmed to his on field sniping..too many coathangers & behind plays
.when commentating i find his deep monotone soft spoken voice difficult to understand & extremely distracting...
.he ends up story telling over live action-my pet hate
.they all do it now....f ing 'special comments' ...more like self indulgent diarrhoea
.i luv the game & watching my team...im an old male who cant multifunction...i want crowd atmosphere, relevant opposition identified & live action called by a clear concise ex-footballer, maybe with some understated spice but otherwise please shutup... limit 'insights' to stoppages
.i watched 89 gf hawks v cats on sunday (frighteningly engrossing)...don scott commentary to me was ideal
.i realise the guy is worshipped & is probably a wealth of info & experience...i just find him hard work in his communication & commentator role.