Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
If it aint broke don't fix it.

Its my understanding that Meehan was an assistant to the previous fitnees coach so why change what he was doing?

If the senior players are complaining that they can't maintain the level of training as they did 5 years ago that is a conversation for team management.

Don;t just dumb down the training, manage the players or tap them on the shoulder about retirement.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Two weeks in a row team total km’s we have been around 4-5km less. From my seat I had a great view of the players coming on/off the bench and we were gassed early in the game.
We are just not fit enough pure and simple.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Two weeks in a row team total km’s we have been around 4-5km less. From my seat I had a great view of the players coming on/off the bench and we were gassed early in the game.
Agree that from the outside, you’d have to question our physical preparation over the off season. Too many soft tissue injuries plus aerobic fitness looks average.

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Aug 16, 2008
Every opposition will now be telling their players to just hang with us till mid 3rd qtr then we will gas ourselves out and they will run over the top of us.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
No run can't win plain & simple.
We looked stuffed with 5 minutes in the 2nd qtr.
3 games we have lost all due to the lack of chase and run.
You can't just rely on 6 blokes Baker, Graham, Flappers, Pickett, Tarranto and Rioli to chase and tackle.
We invented the pressure game.
We invented the out running the opposition.
We look like so unfit it's ridiculous. Some can't bend over after qtr time.
If Prestia is seen walking while the opposition is running. He needs to be dropped.

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Where can you find that stat?k's ran for the team?

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Hard to swallow going from the best power running side in the league to one of the worst in just a couple of years. It’s easy to point the finger at Meehan and his team but they can only work with what they’ve got and what they’ve got is pretty ordinary at the moment

We need to recruit some good runners again and get them into the side and soon as possible.

Ghost of 29

Aug 16, 2008
Where can you find that stat?k's ran for the team?
AFL app. Go to the Tracker function on the game page.
Total km’s 283 - 279
High Speed km’s 43-38
It’s a tad simplistic but we aren’t fit and we are slow

Reactions: 1 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Look guys go easy by round 24 we will be as fit as mallee bulls....finishing 12th though wont help.

• Haha

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Dusty is not fit. WTF its round 6 We are not a retirement home for fading legends. Get fit or *smile* off.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
we were over run in last quarters last year as well

i thought it was because our bottom 6 were too young, but maybe its fitness

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I noticed Prestia blowing a bit early on.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Check out Adelaide after securing the fitness guy who was at Melbourne for their Premiership year.
Previously at Port.
You want the best? You go out and get them.
We were comfortable and lazy with Luke’s selection. If he was that good, someone would have poached him whilst Burge was still in charge. Like they did with Innes.
Near enough, good enough doesn’t win you Majors

Reactions: 3 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Check out Adelaide after securing the fitness guy who was at Melbourne for their Premiership year.
Previously at Port.
You want the best? You go out and get them.
We were comfortable and lazy with Luke’s selection. If he was that good, someone would have poached him whilst Burge was still in charge. Like they did with Innes.
Near enough, good enough doesn’t win you Majors
Spot on last 3 seasons our fitness and medical side has been rubbish sugar coat how much you like club took the easy way and I don’t want to hear soft cap or covid etc bs all clubs on the same page now.