Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Is it bad luck with Lynch though ? If it’s the same foot he had operated on and his plantar fascia severed, and then thrown back into round 1 after just 2 weeks of proper training, is that bad luck ? Maybe - if it’s the other foot but otherwise I dunno.
Is it the same foot though I dont know?

All comes down to mechanism, if you re concerned re post fascia release Redders. Was it a torsion injury unrelated in general activity, a stress issue flare up ongoing or was the fracture simply received as the direct result of a traumatic impact?

Maybe someone simply landed on his foot and the stops have caused an impact injury.

I dont know.

Theyve only provided the bare minimum info so its hard to tell .

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Bradtke - broken hand?
Tom Lynch - fractured foot
Nankervis - syndesmosis ankle
All unavoidable injuries.
Biggy - ankle
Tarrant - hip *updated to latest report from RFC*
Graham - hamstring

On top of:
Dow - hip *updated to latest report from RFC*
Short - calf
Brown - fractured wrist
Kaleb Smith - ankle injury
Gibcus - hamstring
Soldo - plantar fasc. *updated to latest report from RFC*
Campbell - adductor *updated to latest report from RFC*

How many of these injuries are contact/situational, and how many are because of poor management of the player?

13 injured, not including Mate Colina, who I'd be surprised if he played again. Doesn't seem to have a body built for AFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
You make your own luck. How about we get a half decent fitness and rehab team to help with that

Reactions: 1 users

YeOldeTiger

Tiger Rookie
May 25, 2020
Far Side of the Moon
If you aren't a physiotherapist or medical practitioner just be careful what you say because it's more than likely you have nfi what you're talking about and just come off looking like an ass jumping to conclusions. There's a *smile* load of it happening.

Reactions: 11 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Is it the same foot though I dont know?

All comes down to mechanism, if you re concerned re post fascia release Redders. Was it a torsion injury unrelated in general activity, a stress issue flare up ongoing or was the fracture simply received as the direct result of a traumatic impact?

Maybe someone simply landed on his foot and the stops have caused an impact injury.

I dont know.

Theyve only provided the bare minimum info so its hard to tell .
If the vision shown was it , there was no physical contact , looked an innocuous landing from small leap at incoming ball on a lead

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Bradtke - broken hand?
Biggy - ankle
Tarrant - Groin
Graham - hamstring

On top of:
Dow - thought I'd heard his injury was a break?
Short - calf
Brown - fractured wrist
Kaleb Smith - foot injury
Gibcus - hamstring
Soldo - foot injury

How many of these injuries are contact/situational, and how many are because of poor management of the player?
You prob should be able to work that out yourself , the kooks will have you believe anything , it’s a contact sport and sometimes it happens like this , saints and bombers had their losses pre season and have fared well . With any luck soldo will return soon which would be a great help as I’m not sure just how much impact nank has had ,,,yet

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Bradtke - broken hand?
Biggy - ankle
Tarrant - Groin
Graham - hamstring

On top of:
Dow - thought I'd heard his injury was a break?
Short - calf
Brown - fractured wrist
Kaleb Smith - foot injury
Gibcus - hamstring
Soldo - foot injury

With lots of gaps in knowledge, I'd say Short and Graham are the only controllable in that list, with Tarrant likely one that will be impacted in terms of management and recovery by the decisions taken.

And using the word controllable is probably unfair, athletes are going to suffer soft tissue injuries when they carry the running and impact loads of AFL players. Impact-able is a better word, if it is a word.

Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
You prob should be able to work that out yourself , the kooks will have you believe anything , it’s a contact sport and sometimes it happens like this , saints and bombers had their losses pre season and have fared well . With any luck soldo will return soon which would be a great help as I’m not sure just how much impact nank has had ,,,yet
Hehe, it was kind of a rhetorical question. The shadows are long and the jumpers are Olympic quality.
We've had a crap start to the year (kind of to be expected in my eyes given list changes and quality of opposition this early), much easier to have a "bad guy" to point the finger at, than assume we're just not very good right now.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Not much going right this season.

That's some elite and insightful gold from me right there.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
14 injured players! FFS get a decent injury management and rehab team

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah, what's with all these broken bones?

Surely anyone can see we need to have them drinking more milk????

End the farce.
Wait what? Last page you said we needed a clairovoyant and now we need a cow?
What is it?

How do we stop this? We can sack Luke Sheahan, probably Mike's son and a boys club hire.
And then we need them to stop getting hurt!
Make Richmond Great Again!

• Haha