Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

I'm of an other opinion in regards to these sports injuries at RFC.
I'm thinking the new broom that swept through the Club...Coaching and assistant wise...made a wrong judgement call in regards to the over all fitness levels of the Club's players.
In their haste to raise the fitness levels they may just have miscalculated how the newer levels would affect an ageing and well worn group of ageing premiership stars.
Too many ageing stars just canna compete against the rising young stars of the AFL!
Left their best performances on the pre-season training tracks...
Ageing bodies and their legs are just being exposed espesh on dry sun baked grounds...and hot playing conditions.
Climate change is no joke!
Good point about rising temps and hard ground’s being an issue. I also agree on big pre season’s potentially being an issue for aging stars. Poor
Management on the back of a 5 day break did Prestia in and maybe a couple of others.

I have zero experience with elite level strength and conditioning but even I could see that Prestia should have never backed up from a 5 day break.

Reactions: 5 users
We shouldn't be crippled by injury in round 3.

No club should.

Same as last season.

Meehan needs to go

Reactions: 6 users
The Gibcus hamstring wasn’t an impact injury.

In terms of injury management, the club has fallen to bits since Rob Innes left.

I’m sorry but we’ll agree to disagree on this one
I suggest that the post referred to Gibcus' injury this year. Fair to say the ACL cant be pinned on Luke Meehan

I have zero experience with elite level strength and conditioning but even I could see that Prestia should have never backed up from a 5 day break.

This. It was a no brainer. Of out older and injury prone guys, they should have played one of the two games. Even it out.

+ Bauer, Graham, Trezise, Fawcett, Colina, Broad and its only round 3. Leading the league in injuries. Nothing to see here.
Tresize was impact when a stumbled over a port player falling across his legs.

Fawcett and Colina are hypertalls and back stress is higher risk for them. It sounds like we are being extra cautious.

Bauer yep. And a lack of info from the club.
Graham. Yep. Although its the last minute of a very hot practice match.
Broad has a 1 week sore calf. Is that a corkie? I'd be surprised if a soft tissue was 1 week only.
Hopper needs knee surgery. Is that on LM?

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest that the post referred to Gibcus' injury this year. Fair to say the ACL cant be pinned on Luke Meehan
True but the 2023 hamstring issue was a very poor piece of injury management. Question is does our club have the best strength, conditioning and rehab people. I’d say absolutely not.

Mate, I’m 58 and have been a member/attending games since 1980. It was a bloody long 37 years. I’m not prepared for my kids to put up with the crap that I did. We need to be best practice - and as far I can see we’re not. With 100k members - we should be. No excuses - club needs to be better.

The standard you walk past is what you accept. Block me if you don’t like a contrary view

Reactions: 1 users
True but the 2023 hamstring issue was a very poor piece of injury management. Question is does our club have the best strength, conditioning and rehab people. I’d say absolutely not.

Mate, I’m 58 and have been a member/attending games since 1980. It was a bloody long 37 years. I’m not prepared for my kids to put up with the crap that I did. We need to be best practice - and as far I can see we’re not. With 100k members - we should be. No excuses - club needs to be better.

The standard you walk past is what you accept. Block me if you don’t like a contrary view
I'm not going to block you. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with me, purple have been doing it all my life. And they'e all been wrong.

I don't know if we've got the very best. We just don't know enough details to know.
I've done plenty of hammys and a calf or two in my time.
But we gotta be realistic and not blame Gibcus' ACL on the fitness staff. Or Tresize etc

We had injuries in our premiership years.
It helped We had the core team at the peak age. We also had the depth to carry thru.

Prestia needs to help himself too.
Has he ever tried to drop some kg?
Has he tried to yoga or pilates??
This hasn't happened once but 10 times since 2001

I'm of an other opinion in regards to these sports injuries at RFC.
I'm thinking the new broom that swept through the Club...Coaching and assistant wise...made a wrong judgement call in regards to the over all fitness levels of the Club's players.
In their haste to raise the fitness levels they may just have miscalculated how the newer levels would affect an ageing and well worn group of ageing premiership stars.
Too many ageing stars just canna compete against the rising young stars of the AFL!
Left their best performances on the pre-season training tracks...
Ageing bodies and their legs are just being exposed espesh on dry sun baked grounds...and hot playing conditions.
Climate change is no joke!
I don't know, but i can't remember a really warm summer since about 2016, but if you're right it seems that this hot ground baking summer is only hovering over Punt Rd Richmond. In fact it hasn't even moved a litte down the road to bake Melbourne's surface, or even a short hop across the railway line to give Collingwood a good baking. Darcy Moore may have ventured up Punt Rd a little and got his head baked which might explain his plethora of new ways to butcher the ball in the last line of defence.

Solution
Get rid of Luke
And all players follow the directive of the club
If they are told to take cold ice baths , take them
Can’t have rules for some and not others
It’s that simple !!!

the results of our strength and conditioning staff with regard to having players available is terrible abd has been for a while

Something needs to be done

Our camel is struggling 🐫
Animation Walking GIF by Super Simple

We need to replace this guy quick fast.
Too late this season is pretty much over and the damage has now been done.

3 years straight that injuries have killed off our seasons.

Meehan surely won't be there next year he can't be.

Last edited: