Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Unbelievably inept.

We can't blame out crash and bash gamestyle over the dynasty.

Sack the lot and start again

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The guy that went to the Swans Rob Innes was a big loss. Our guys not up to it.

Reactions: 11 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Need to have big, Huge, Massive light shone into this Department.

All practices.
Just can't continue.

How come other clubs don't have so many players falling over?
Effectively killed off the year.
Yes we will play the kids, but just so demoralizing.
Just get rid of him and start putting all the money the members give towards developing and Fitness and conditioning.
The bloke from Adelaide that spent time in the premier league shouldve been the 1st on the list.
Players played injured, players returning too soon. Players down to 2-3 weeks turning to 8-10 weeks.
We need to concentrate on Footy, the club spends alot of time on things nothing to do with Football.
We should never be in this situation.

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Not the greatest start to the year...the injuries are so contagious, I tore a calf reading this thread.
Must have an investigation to see what is going wrong, and if it's lack of competence...Capuano them.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Time to end the Meehan farce.

It's not working. Need a different approach.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Our system of conditioning doesn't seem to be working as we are getting far too many sore calf injuries so early in the season so doesn't bode well when the grounds get heavy

JAKLAUGHING

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2019
I'm of an other opinion in regards to these sports injuries at RFC.
I'm thinking the new broom that swept through the Club...Coaching and assistant wise...made a wrong judgement call in regards to the over all fitness levels of the Club's players.
In their haste to raise the fitness levels they may just have miscalculated how the newer levels would affect an ageing and well worn group of ageing premiership stars.
Too many ageing stars just canna compete against the rising young stars of the AFL!
Left their best performances on the pre-season training tracks...
Ageing bodies and their legs are just being exposed espesh on dry sun baked grounds...and hot playing conditions.
Climate change is no joke!

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Not the greatest start to the year...the injuries are so contagious, I tore a calf reading this thread.
Must have an investigation to see what is going wrong, and if it's lack of competence...Capuano them.
Tore a calf eh , General , what’s that white powder on your nose ?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Young players must be concerned when we draft them and deliver them into the hands of Louie the Butcher.

• Haha

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Absolute clean out needed in strength & conditioning including medical treatment. This turned into farce last year & again this year. Simply not good enough.

Every other club manages the conditioning of older players better than us. Every other club better physically develops their younger players.

Out sorry list of messes is growing. Gibcus we all know about. Prestia’s mismanagement after Rd 1, Hopper’s injury, Fawcett - back? Did we stuff up his pre-season loads? Now Martin.

For goodness sake - fix it via change. Surely we can afford better staff.

well we don’t know that’s for sure

Grimes, Gibcus, Young, Martin are all impact injuries - what can you do, same with Lynch last year.

Hopper - who knows

MJR and Prestia - we know Prestia has had a long history so we know his body is not up to it

So who have I missed

Reactions: 3 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
2 people should face scrutiny about this
decision and what's happening that's football boss Livingston and Gale running the joint.

• Love

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
I'm thinking the new broom that swept through the Club...Coaching and assistant wise...made a wrong judgement call in regards to the over all fitness levels of the Club's players.
In their haste to raise the fitness levels they may just have miscalculated how the newer levels would affect an ageing and well worn group of ageing premiership stars.
Too many ageing stars just canna compete against the rising young stars of the AFL!
Ageing bodies and their legs are just being exposed espesh on dry sun baked grounds...and hot playing conditions.
The above may be 100% correct and, if it is, it further shows that this part of the RFC is letting the players down and needs to be cleaned out and re-built.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009

Grimes, Gibcus, Young, Martin are all impact injuries - what can you do, same with Lynch last year.

Hopper - who knows

MJR and Prestia - we know Prestia has had a long history so we know his body is not up to it

So who have I missed
+ Bauer, Graham, Trezise, Fawcett, Colina, Broad and its only round 3. Leading the league in injuries. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
2 people should face scrutiny about this
decision and what's happening that's football boss Livingston and Gale running the joint.
Hear what u r saying danrioli, but unless they are moving those guys out they will just trot out the party lines.
"We are backing our guys in" and shut the convo down.
U get feeling it will prob have to get a lot worse before the spotlight truly comes on.
Hope I'm wrong.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Tore a calf eh , General , what’s that white powder on your nose ?😂
My kids whizz fizz. You got me. I ate that *smile* to stop my four year old going hyper and having a mid afternoon meltdown

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Maybe the older players that's true .In saying that why was Prestia played after a 5 day break with his history , Dusty been carrying this injury some weeks again playing , and the debacle with Hopper after rd 3 he needs to go in for a clean up while all preseason where told his had all his surgery and flying just doesn't add up.

Even our kids are falling down like flys. What's happening with Bauer, Colina , Fawcett. Last year it was Gibcus all year and it took till this preseason to realise he needed to go abroad.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria

Hopper - who knows

So who have I missed
The Gibcus hamstring wasn’t an impact injury.

In terms of injury management, the club has fallen to bits since Rob Innes left.

I’m sorry but we’ll agree to disagree on this one