Making Their Mark (amazon doco) & One Night in Brisbane (fox/kayo) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Making Their Mark (amazon doco) & One Night in Brisbane (fox/kayo)

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I have disliked Scott for a long time but I believe he handled himself extremely well after the GF. If Dimma says he is a classy guy, I am happy to trust his judgement.

Do you honestly think Dimma would say Scott was a twat in public?

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
That “speech” of Heath Shaws to the group summed up the year they were about to have imho .....woeful self absorbed , they’ll remain a plastic club for a long time if that’s how they wanted to start a tradition

Cognilio's 3/4 time pep talk to his team against Essendon I think? Told them to imagine how good the bus ride home will be if they win. That really isn't what you want your team to be thinking about going into a tight last quarter. *smile* the bus ride, concentrate on the next kick.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ahead of me on the technology front caesar - so how does the HDMI cable thing work as I'd love to watch on the big screen too ?

As for the episodes I managed to click onto something which allowed me to scroll further down the page and it gave me the option to select episodes however in trying to recreate what I did so I could describe it to you - I have not a clue sorry.

On HDMI cable, first check that you have a normal HDMI outlet on your laptop. If so grab a separate HDMI cable if you have one. I just went to Office Works and got one for $6, don't get sucked into buying $20 $30 $40 cables, the cheapies were right on the bottom shelf nearly out of sight, (just plain black cables no fancy packaging).

Then you just connect one end to laptop and other end to one of your a spare HDMI input on the back of your TV, they should be labelled HDM1, 2, 3 etc.

On your TV remote change your source to whatever HDMI source is hooked up to laptop.

Hit play on laptop and away you go.

There are probably easier ways, doing wirelessly or a lot of TV's you can download the Amazon app direct to your TV.

Me being a simple man and an older TV I just did as I explained above.

So much better watching on the Big screen.

PS. Not the worst thing in the world to be stuck with episode 7 on loop;) :)

Last edited:
  • Love

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
On HDMI cable, first check that you have a normal HDMI outlet on your laptop. If so grab a separate HDMI cable if you have one. I just went to Office Works and got one for $6, don't get sucked into buying $20 $30 $40 cables, the cheapies were right on the bottom shelf nearly out of sight, (just plain black cables no fancy packaging).

Then you just connect one end to laptop and other end to one of your a spare HDMI input on the back of your TV, they should be labelled HDM1, 2, 3 etc.

On your TV remote change your source to whatever HDMI source is hooked up to laptop.

Hit play on laptop and away you go.

There are probably easier ways, doing wirelessly or a lot of TV's you can download the Amazon app direct to your TV.

Me being a simple man and an older TV I just did as I explained above.

So much better watching on the Big screen.

PS. Not the worst thing in the world to be stuck with episode 7 on loop;) :)
Thank you, thank you, thank you, between you and my nephew it's now all sorted and I'll be able to re-watch on the big screen.
Episode 7 is definitely a work of art. :):cupgold

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
What is so evident is that dimma just has an innate knowledge/ability to motivate his players, whereas the other coaches just shout and rant. Great case study on "authenticity ".

Authenticity is a great way of putting it, Dimma ia absolutely more authentic than the other coaches.

Reactions: 3 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
The final 25 minutes of episode 7 in Making Their Mark is pretty special.

When Dusty kicked his 3rd and Benny Gale dropped his professional guard and stood up with the double fist pump and screamed "Yes! C'mon F'n Dusty, C'mon!" it make me laugh, it just shows how he is just as big a fan as all of us, so relatable...Then at the end when he is speaking, I assume, to his family, and he is shaking, hard not to get emotional watching moments like those.

Reactions: 6 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Cognilio's 3/4 time pep talk to his team against Essendon I think? Told them to imagine how good the bus ride home will be if they win. That really isn't what you want your team to be thinking about going into a tight last quarter. *smile* the bus ride, concentrate on the next kick.
Mate his first choice was to bring out the sculpture but it was left back at the base as the bus didn't have room for both the sculpture and his hair products. To be fair he may end up a great captain but at this early stage of his tenure he isn't exuding the strong leadership you'd expect at the top level (through the lens of the doco). GWS has big balls putting a first year captain up for such a gig. The extra pressure of the doco is obvious; no wonder he struggled to find his own form. Really poor decision I wonder if he had a choice?

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
I watched Part 7 again this morning still the same feelings i had when watched on Friday More Chills Chills Chills

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Another thing (and I seem to be in the minority). Chris Scott coming into the coaches’ box and congratulating everyone wasn’t classy, it was self-serving. Wait until the final siren, don’t interrupt when the game is still going.
Was a bit weird. Our guys could've been saying "It never gets old reaming these *smile*!" That would've been good footage

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No kids I take it. Good luck ta yaz.

My daughter got used to swearing pretty early, some of her first words when I used to drive her to childcare were f***en d***head. Something about being trained to look a dozen cars ahead of me (used to drive trams, 40 tonnes, no steering, you look a long way ahead) means I see too much bad driving.

Now she is a teacher, always knew when to swear and when not to, who you can't swear in front of. It is a matter of what you find acceptable and teaching your children appropriate behaviour.

This is Australia, we swear a lot and a high pressure environment is going to make this more prevalent.

I have watched the first 2 episodes and it is very good. Geez Eddie Betts comes across as a really nice person. In the opening of the second episode one of his kids rolls a ball through the goals from outside the boundary, Carlton and Adelaide must be hoping they can get father-son picks from Eddie. Coniglio looks out of his depth, maybe he will get better over time. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Totally disrespectful, should have been popcorn...if you were putting on a show
That's probably the reason she went for the chippies. He obviously wasn't putting on much of a show.
Surprised she didn't get the phone out n start face timing or snap chatting a few friends.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
We have incredible leaders & Dusty. That’s our difference. It’s that simple.

This show proves it.