Mansell v MRJ | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mansell v MRJ

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Nigel has been a controversial selection this year, so…
These guys are both small forwards renowned for pressure, but so, so different…
Interesting to see what people think we most need.

Both fully fit.
Selection this week.
Room for one.
I know some will say both, but not allowed.
Cumberland is injured.

Who do you pick?
No beating around the bush - one name.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Now I want to know why ha ha..
More reliable in certain aspects I guess , and tougher
Basically, I don't rate Rioli. He's too slow for his size and is a poor kick. If he went by another name and wasn't the son of a gun I don't think he'd have been drafted.

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
Mansell is a battler VFL standard. Has no real tricks up his kit bag. Junior has pace, frenetic pressure and loves to tackle, he and Coulthard could be a good pair causing havoc on the opposition

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
MJ has been very underwhelming this year. Overall I think Mansell has had a better season. However both are battlers and I don't think long-term propositions.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
At this point in time Nigell.
Thinking Moju's got more potential upside, but first he's gotta learn to make the play, not react to it. Take clean ball, stop fumbling and bobbling two or three attempts. Stop running around like a headless chook trying to take on and bamboozle everyone else on the field, including himself. There's a lot of almost nearly about him, but he's gotta stop trying to do it all at a million mph, needs to find a touch of smooth, serenity n space in his game.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

daird

Tiger Cub
Aug 21, 2020
I like Mansell's ability to milk a free kick, but I hate his ability to give away stupid free's.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Rioli - has the potential to be the future, don't think Mansell does. Rioli needs to get some of that smoothness his father had, as others have pointed out.

DS

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Mansell this week.

MRJ needs to come back in the 2's.

Long term I'd back MRJ to be the better player though.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Mojo. He's a Rioli, no better footy bloodline.

Wasn't that long ago he was top in the AFL for forward pressure acts. He had seasoned defenders hearing footsteps. Not sure the opposition would remember who Mansell was a few minutes after a match.

Reactions: 1 user

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
MJ needs to be tried as a running half back first then a few kick ins. It's the Richmond way nowadays

Reactions: 1 user