Mansell v MRJ | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mansell v MRJ

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Is this a serious question?
What is wrong with it?
Match committees, List Managers have to make calls like this all the time.
I think they make an interesting comparison - both could probably use some of the other’s traits.
And they may end up fighting for the one spot.

Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
My personal view is MRJ went so hot on his chase and tackle that became his no.1 intent , which was great, but his intent to score seemed to drop off.
Have to get to e balance right like those best small forwards.
The best medium forward in the game doesn’t exert all his energy hunting tackles.
All he is interested in is being dangerous and scoring goals, Toby Greene

Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I'd hope in a few years, it would be a double act, Marlion Jr & Latrell Pickett terrorizing defenses.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just reading Morros VFL report re MJ , it’s the same glowing report about his pressure and tackling that we always hear and see with MJ , pity he never has the *smile* ball

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We lamented last year and earlier this year that we couldn't afford to give MoJu a month in the twos learning how to get a kick, because we needed his pressure in the ones. With Marlion and Mansell handling that area we were finally about to give him that chance. Now, he probably has to play ones and we sacrifice his development again.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Junior will be fine.

Not even 21 yet. He will find the ball with more confidence.

I am very positive about him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Promoting Moju for this game reeks of desperation to me.
Moju was running around in circles and barely touching the footy before he tweaked his hammy.
One magoos game back from injury where he still couldn't find the footy and again ran around in circles a lot yet still gets promoted to the seniors.
Not sure he's gunna get near too much footy again tonight, best hope is that he's in premium chase down mode n frightens a few oppo defenders into *smile* things up.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Junior will be fine.

Can’t play
Continually runs to wrong spot .
Skills are very very average
Doubt he plays next week on yet another 6 possession game
At least he is consistent. . 2 weeks in a row 6 possessions

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Promoting Moju for this game reeks of desperation to me.
Moju was running around in circles and barely touching the footy before he tweaked his hammy.
One magoos game back from injury where he still couldn't find the footy and again ran around in circles a lot yet still gets promoted to the seniors.
Not sure he's gunna get near too much footy again tonight, best hope is that he's in premium chase down mode n frightens a few oppo defenders into *smile* things up.
Great post. You must have crystal ball . He can’t find the footy as he is a spectator . Back to the VFL next round

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Junior will be fine.

I hope so. Not showing a lot right now. His skills were really poor today. If it wasn't raining, I'd have subbed him out instead of Ryan. Skills with the ball on the ground were non existent tonight.

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
Lacks pace, poise and skills at this moment in his career. Hopefully he improves the latter two asap

• Wow

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Is there a tiger fan left in the world who thinks MRJ gives more than Melee after tonight?

maurice looks miles off it

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
He needs to get some ball to be dangerous to the opposition.
we need him to contributre seeing Jack and ,at times, Miller can’t get it.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
MJ 4K 4 HB 3M few clangers and 2 behinds the tackle machine produced just 2 tackles
MJ or Mansell :unsure: It’s Mansell but we can still do better Bring back Cumbo