Mansell v MRJ | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mansell v MRJ

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
Scaring opponents into mistakes needs to be a published stat, very noticeable at the ground is the Maurice Effect.
Hopefully he can start hitting the scoreboard, maybe we can push the fwds up and put him in space occasionally.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Scaring opponents into mistakes needs to be a published stat, very noticeable at the ground is the Maurice Effect.
Hopefully he can start hitting the scoreboard, maybe we can push the fwds up and put him in space occasionally.

Yeah just posted in his thread, I suspect he looks better at the ground than he does on TV.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Rioli is really struggling.
Not sure fitness or form but he is closer to the exit then best 22

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It’s not even a contest , Mansell is one of the few who has genuinely improved this year , Maurice continues to disappoint at this point

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Still got Nigel ahead of Moju at this stage, but I'd have a fit Cummerbund ahead of both. Would love to see all three fit and in some form fighting it out for senior games instead of at the moment just selecting one n hoping they can hold up an end.

Next years combo
Lynch man with Funky / Samsung as the tall forward second ruck. Bradtke as a hail Mary option.
Bauer as the third floating tall.
Cummerbund, Nigel, Moju to fight it out for two crumbing and defensive small.
Dusty / Shai, Tarantino, Fridge, Prestygiocomo, Clarke rotating from mid to resting match up forward.
There's still enough to work with there but the key will be having the Lynch man fit and standing as the main structural key forward.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Kind of hoping Seth Campbell or Coulthard go past both MJ & Mansell as both have limitations.
There’s a good reason the club has picked up both these lads recently..

Reactions: 4 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
It will be interesting to see if selection committee takes the approach of giving MRJ the next 2 games to try to build some form or whether they select Mansell on pre-suspension form. Or they could use Mansell to replace Pickett and play both. Or do they bring Cumberland into the mix? It's obvious that Soldo and Ross will come in for Nank and Bauer so do they make an unforced change in a winning team?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It will be interesting to see if selection committee takes the approach of giving MRJ the next 2 games to try to build some form or whether they select Mansell on pre-suspension form. Or they could use Mansell to replace Pickett and play both. Or do they bring Cumberland into the mix? It's obvious that Soldo and Ross will come in for Nank and Bauer so do they make an unforced change in a winning team?
I'm guessing there'll be a third change from either an unknown injury or someone (Cotch?) getting rested.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Officially a DRAW.

I miss Butler, Dan Rioli and George up forward, the Glory days

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
It’s clear for me now - I take MJR as defensive impact is better with occasional good creative attacking play

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Kind of hoping Seth Campbell or Coulthard go past both MJ & Mansell as both have limitations.
There’s a good reason the club has picked up both these lads recently..
This. That Mansell miss … killed me. We need class around goals. Clarke and Coulthard have it… natural instincts around the sticks. Green also seems to have a good sense of fwd positioning - but isn’t as polished.

Reactions: 2 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Neither. Reckon I would have Green above both. Then there is the Sonz.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I don’t think either will make it, and we should be looking to part company with both at seasons end.

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Would have neither in the side .Barely played a single grreat game between them .Yet they kerp Cumbo amf Juddy out of the side .
Is Cumbo the only current player to og bagged 5 goals in a game apart from lynch ?