Mansell v MRJ | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mansell v MRJ

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Neither. If just the two Mansell just. Just can't believe we're still playing these two tried and failed when we have Green, Clarke, Sonsie, Coulthard, Cumbo waiting in the wings. Give a couple of these guys 3 or 4 games and see what happens. How much worse can it be replacing 4 effective disposal a game Rioli and 5 effective disposal a game Mansell?

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Would have neither in the side .Barely played a single grreat game between them .Yet they kerp Cumbo amf Juddy out of the side .
Is Cumbo the only current player to og bagged 5 goals in a game apart from lynch ?
Dusty and Shai have both done it, I think.

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Neither. If just the two Mansell just. Just can't believe we're still playing these two tried and failed when we have Green, Clarke, Sonsie, Coulthard, Cumbo waiting in the wings. Give a couple of these guys 3 or 4 games and see what happens. How much worse can it be replacing 4 effective disposal a game Rioli and 5 effective disposal a game Mansell?
Sonsie is suspended. Only back for round 2. So is only now available.
Clarke has been injured and missed elements of pre-season Played well on Thursday and imho should be first cab off the rank for next Sunday.
Coulthard has been injured and missed heaps of pre-season.
Cumbo - see elsewhere.
Green - Had a poor game against Carlton in the VFL.

Mansell starred through the pre-season until he hurt his ankle.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Clarke has been injured and missed elements of pre-season Played well on Thursday and imho should be first cab off the rank for next Sunday.
Cumbo - see elsewhere.

Fair enough. Still would have had Clarke in based on practice games I saw. Point is we now have options to replace the tried and failed with some prospect young talent. We're in a semi-rebuild. Try them and churn them if not up to it. We can't afford them to languish in the VFL untried. Some players are more suited to AFL level around better quality players. Some shine at VFL level (Mansell) but can't translate that to consistent form at AFL level. Small forward is a very tough possie. You have to have special qualities to excel. Mansell 33 games/MRJ 29 games do not.

I'm thinking that getting so close to Carlton that we'll only make the 3 like for like injury changes and those two survive the cut again.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Cumbo - see elsewhere.

Point me to where he starred I will go back and watch replay. Starred like..Bolton stars?

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
We seem to give underperforming players several chances to come right only to be served up the same dross game after game. MRJ is clearly not up to AFL standard. Undoubtedly, he tries but the special AFL ingredient is not there. Mansel, is another case where he is an honest trier but is found wanting when needed to step up. Right now we cannot afford to go into games effectively two men down by picking battlers of limited talent when we have others on the list who have so much more potential and should be given a chance to prove themselves one way or another. Sure they may not make it to a consistent AFL level but should be given the chance to see, subject to VFL form especially as some of our mainstay players are fast approaching the sell by date

Reactions: 1 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Yes it’s the first game they’ve played together this year and obviously long way to go but some egg and face comments in this thread based on yesterday’s game.

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Why Not Have Both Government Shutdown GIF

The answer to the threads title...

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Brilliant tackling and pressure.
Mansell is slightly better then I expected.
But Little Rioli turns the ball over and fumbles way too much.
missed a set shot directly in front.
Not sure

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
We got good contributions from MRJ, Mansell and Dow, but they need to be consistent. One good game in every 5 won’t cut it long term.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
We got good contributions from MRJ, Mansell and Dow, but they need to be consistent. One good game in every 5 won’t cut it long term.
Unfortunately, unless the players are outright guns consistency of performance doesn't start happening until they've managed to get around 50 games under the belt. Been awful hard for our young blokes to get a look at senior games while we've been milestone easing out our multi premiership heroes.

Reactions: 3 users