March To The Finals - 2020. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

March To The Finals - 2020.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I love it that whenever there's an article or news story about the possible location of the GF it's accompanied by footage of our team holding up the Cup.cup.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
The way the fixture has favour the Qld clubs and Wa clubs even Sa is unbelievable.Eagles were in Qld for 4 rounds still at home in WA the same with the lions and Port.Wa clubs should be going to SA or Qld and Qld clubs Wa or Sa it was possible.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
The way the fixture has favour the Qld clubs and Wa clubs even Sa is unbelievable.Eagles were in Qld for 4 rounds still at home in WA the same with the lions and Port.Wa clubs should be going to SA or Qld and Qld clubs Wa or Sa it was possible.

It’s not really unbelievable given that majority of clubs are from Victoria and unfortunately Vic is completely OOB

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It’s not really unbelievable given that majority of clubs are from Victoria and unfortunately Vic is completely OOB

Exactly. And don't forget the AFL is losing millions every week this season, so maximising crowd revenue would defray at least some costs. We all hate the AFL management, but they've done an amazing job salvaging this season given the circumstances.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
so how many games in perth will WC get? They've currently had 5 and are set to play hawthorn and giants in the next 2 games. Wonder if they will be sent to QLD to play some of the VIC clubs or have 12 games in perth. Hopefully we get them at Metricon

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
the finals series will be in Qld IMO. Metricon and Gabba.

bookies have Gabba at $1.4 for the GF. Optus at $4, MCG at $6, Wangaratta Showgrounds at $67 (ahead of gmdma)

its a big difference. Gabba GF. can almost count on it.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Actually don't think we can finish top 4. Just need to make sure we make the 8. We can win it from 5th - 8th.

Yeah I'm not so confident either.

Pretty much have to win nearly every game (maybe 1 loss) to be any chance.

The Giants loss and the draw with the Skunks have been mortal wounds for top 2, possibly top 4 and may actually hamper a decent shot at a title defence.

The little things always add up to big things.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah I dont think so either.

Pretty much have to win every game from here to be any chance.

The Giants loss and the draw with the Skunks have probably been mortal wounds for top 2, possibly top 4 and may actually hamper a decent shot at a title defence.

The little things always add up to big things.

we won't lose another game from now on to our 13th flag.

• Love

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Geez I hope youre on the money H

I will be more confident H if we get over both the Suns and the Drugs.

Its gonna be a crazy last 6 weeks.

Thankfully the Crows and Frockers should both have their cues well and truly racked by the time we face em.

Then its 2 serious hitouts against the Cats and Coasters.

Will be interesting to see how they set it up.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I like your positivity, H. But we definitely need a change of luck. Not a lot has gone right this year.

We need some soldiers back and quick.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I like your positivity, H. But we definitely need a change of luck. Not a lot has gone right this year.

So we can count on cotchy bachar nank for the final block of 5, of which we need to win 4?

DTLD seems to be moving ok. Dion walking laps so hes gotta be a month off at least? Maybe 2 games before finals?

With the emergence of $hai, i reckon we can win the flag with only one of dion or shedda.

But i reckon we need one of em.

Wish someone would give us something on shedda, even that his wife and baby are ok and hes staying in melbourne.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
St Kilda have a tougher draw now, reckon they’ll drop out of the 4

Position 3 and 4 are still up for grabs

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yep - we are 2 pts behind Geelong and WC (although WC have a game in hand) and since we play them we still have our destiny in our hands - a place the tigers tend to excel in - I am still really confident.

Last edited:

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I don't reckon you blame the draw and the game against giants.The pies game was first game back everybody was rusty and the giants game we we're undermanned.

I still maintain we been screwed over by the afl.Traveling with a 4 day breake and the giants game in nsw should never had happen.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

If we get WC at our home at metricon then we are a big chance. Our system and game plan just stacks up well in the pressure cooker. Without a midfield we nearly beat port who played out of their skin at home. Their pressure rating was off the charts. Expecting cotch houli prestia nank graham (yes graham, he's an important cog) to come into the side. Dave and edwards are the icing. We've been shuffling the team around and expecting dimma to settle the line up and fine tune ready for finals.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Funnily enough , we are in a similar position as last year before the bye ,

its about winning and gaining momentum from here , its a tough ask , but its not beyond our capabilities ,

Win the first 4 , the confidence grows , and we are in it up to our eyeballs ,

drop an early game , might be all over

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
just looking at the ladder... we are 2 points off the top 4, 6 points off the top 2, and west coast have a game in hand. we might need to win all 6 to make the top 4. however, if there is a year it can be won outside of the top 4, its 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Yep need to win all 6. The key game is West Coast in 13 days. I'd have preferred a later date when some more soldiers are back. I think if we do West Coast, we'll go undefeated from there.