March To The Finals - 2020. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

March To The Finals - 2020.

Yep need to win all 6. The key game is West Coast in 13 days. I'd have preferred a later date when some more soldiers are back. I think if we do West Coast, we'll go undefeated from there.

Good thing is we play both WCE and Geelol so our destiny is in our own hands

Good thing is we play both WCE and Geelol so our destiny is in our own hands

Yep. If we don't make top 4 it might be fun watching us cut a swathe through the 'contenders' from below.

Reactions: 1 users
I worry that we're quickly running out of time for key personnel to get back before the finals.
Prestia & Astbury in particular are looking long shots at this point & both will be important.
Prestia is arguably our best full time mid when on song & Astbury is the perfect matchup for the genuine gorillas like Hawkins & Dixon.
Not ideal..

Reactions: 6 users
I worry that we're quickly running out of time for key personnel to get back before the finals.
Prestia & Astbury in particular are looking long shots at this point & both will be important.
Prestia is arguably our best full time mid when on song & Astbury is the perfect matchup for the genuine gorillas like Hawkins & Dixon.
Not ideal..

That's why we won't challenge this year.
Prestia properly our most important ball winning mid and Astbury our key big defender.
You can add Edwards (even though he was playing like crap before)
He is creative and breaks lines.

We get Houli and Nakas back this week, that's a good start.
Throw in Cotchin.
We are at 80%

Reactions: 1 users
Not ideal..

Its fine using injuries as an excuse or a base for poor form.
I just want to know where are the kids.
We haven't seen CD, Dow and Cj this year.
Where the kids from last year's draft?

Reactions: 2 users
Not ideal..
Throw in Nank , Shedda and Houli and we are far from cherry ripe , been proven over the years that if players are not match hardened it usually back fires . Going to be a tough tough assignment to win the Asterix cup in 2020 even though I don’t see any Dynasty type teams atm

Reactions: 1 user
That's why we won't challenge this year.
Prestia properly our most important ball winning mid and Astbury our key big defender.
You can add Edwards (even though he was playing like crap before)
He is creative and breaks lines.

We get Houli and Nakas back this week, that's a good start.
Throw in Cotchin.
We are at 80%

Is Nanks ready. ?

we need to beat WC and Cats to make top 4 pretty much.

we should do both on our sun-tropical MCG.

then I reckon we need 1 of Dion or Sheds fit and in form to win the flag.

Sheds extended paternity leave, whatever our standpoint on it is (ive oscillated between the extremes, depending on W or L),

may well cost us a tilt.

It has to be said.

we need to beat WC and Cats to make top 4 pretty much.

we should do both on our sun-tropical MCG.

then I reckon we need 1 of Dion or Sheds fit and in form to win the flag.

Sheds extended paternity leave, whatever anyones standpoint on it (ive had both),

may well cost us a tilt.

It has to be said.
It's not like he is injured, i'm sure him and bash would have been training the house down in iso.

They should be coming back fitter and stronger then before, they are experienced and know the game plan.

I am more worried in Nank and Prestia, as they will not be fit enough comingback from injury.

Yep need to win all 6. The key game is West Coast in 13 days. I'd have preferred a later date when some more soldiers are back. I think if we do West Coast, we'll go undefeated from there.

I think 5 out of 6 will likely give us top 4. Below are the teams with any chance and when they play each other. Bombers have an extra game in hand but look like no chance of even making the 8 with their remaining draw. Port and Cats look like they might fight out top 2, the others are gettable.

1597470472810.png

Reactions: 3 users
I think 5 out of 6 will likely give us top 4. Below are the teams with any chance and when they play each other. Bombers have an extra game in hand but look like no chance of even making the 8 with their remaining draw. Port and Cats look like they might fight out top 2, the others are gettable.

View attachment 10226
Gee Bombers have a horrendous run home

The way the Cats played we will have our work cut out to win that game.