March to the finals 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

March to the finals 2023

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Aside from the week we play them, we can't control what others do. Let's focus on being the best we can, 1 week at a time.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
History says 7 of the 8 sides currently in the 8 by this time of the season stay there, 1 will drop out. One of either Saints, Crows, Cats, Bulldogs ( I reckon the saints).

so we’d be fighting with Carlton, Essendon, Suns, Freo and maybe Sydney and the Giants. 7 teams fighting for 1 spot. It’s gunna be a tough ask.

We play St Kilda twice. that might decide our fate.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
IN LATE June, at the end of round 14, the Tigers sat two spots from the bottom of the ladder. A Friday night loss to the Swans at the MCG saw their record plummet to 3-10, leaving them level on wins with the two sides propping up the competition.

Barely two months on, Saturday's three-point victory over the Swans at ANZ Stadium capped a nine-game winning streak that catapulted Richmond into a second straight finals series.

We've done it from further back before.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
don't wanna tempt fate, but is this thread back? 7 wins out of the last 10 would give us 12.5 wins.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
Weve got some tough games - if we make it we will have well and truly earned it.

Brisbane at the Gabba
Saints at Marvel
Dogs at Marvel
Dees
Port

Even Saints at the G is a tough game but those 5 games above are the standouts, and that's assuming we win the games we "should" win against North, Hawks, Swans, Eagles and we all know how well we traditionally go in those games :rolleyes:

Going to be really tough but if we do make it we'll know were going into finals with some hot form

• Love

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Adelaide stiff, but that result probably helps us. same with Essendon losing.

But i can't help but feel the Dreamtime result will cost us.

Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Weve got some tough games - if we make it we will have well and truly earned it.

Brisbane at the Gabba
Saints at Marvel
Dogs at Marvel
Dees
Port

Even Saints at the G is a tough game but those 5 games above are the standouts, and that's assuming we win the games we "should" win against North, Hawks, Swans, Eagles and we all know how well we traditionally go in those games :rolleyes:

Going to be really tough but if we do make it we'll know were going into finals with some hot form

Well if we can’t win 1 of those 5 games, we don’t deserve to play finals

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Problem is I think both those games are at Marvel where they both play well and us not so well. Think we might struggle against the saints at marvel
Not the point the opportunity is on front of us in an 8p game , hopefully mini can arrest the bad run , we weren’t always crap there until dimma bagged it

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Dimma’s moved on so we can bury the negative Marvel mindset once and for all

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Problem is I think both those games are at Marvel where they both play well and us not so well. Think we might struggle against the saints at marvel

St KIlda will be shot by then. Dogs will be a harder game.

IMO we should expect to beat Sydney, West Coast, Hawthorn, St Kilda and Norf. that puts us on 11.5 wins.

We will need to win 2 out of Brisbane, Melbourne, Footscray and Port. 1 if other cards fall our way

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users