Matthew Clarke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Clarke

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
This year will most likely have a top 4 pick
Every one in the country will know the best 4 players.
But we will try to pick the one that needs the most development
We’ll take one left field.
Former basketballer who has plenty of upside but needs some work.

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
It goes by how much he gets paid and contract length so I doubt it will be a 1st or 2nd rounder
What a bunch of crap this "formula" (really just a rort):

"Compensation
A club that has a net loss of players transferring to/from other clubs as free agents in one transfer period is entitled to compensation via National Draft picks allocated by the AFL.

The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent.

Draft picks are allocated to clubs based on the net total points for free agents lost and gained during the transfer period.

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result."

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Happy with that.
Let’s give him the gig.
I would pick the best kids.
Kids that win ball, smash and Crash the opposition.
Pack busters .

Midfielders ,average 10+ contested possessions & fast. Hit packs head first.
Fowards, that lead with there knees and mark like Michael Roach.
Defenders, That make the opposition earn every kick..Scotty Turner types. Player's that scare the opposition.

We need a Justin Charles type.
Runs like a gazelle and marks and kicks goals.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Dusty should get us after 1st round compo right?
The relationship we have with AFL currently I would be shocked they if they offered a pick under 50.
Where Not getting a 1st rounder.
The one I see getting us a 1st rounder off Freo (they have 3) is Baker.
Perfect player to off load. Similar to when Bond was traded to Freo and that helped us to get Ottens in 1997.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I believe we have the worst pool of young talent in the competition. Since 2020 only Gibcus would be a stand up start ( if uninjured) and even then his form was only patchy in 22. All othe draftees are yet to make any real input or stamp a place in the side. Look at our hated enemy Geelong Holmes, Dekonning, Bruhn, Clark, Dempsey, Henry all young talented plauers drafted or picked up after 2020 and making an impact and cemented in their side. We are in a deep hole and mostly because our recruitment and player development since 2020 has been rubbish

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I believe we have the worst pool of young talent in the competition. Since 2020 only Gibcus would be a stand up start ( if uninjured) and even then his form was only patchy in 22. All othe draftees are yet to make any real input or stamp a place in the side. Look at our hated enemy Geelong Holmes, Dekonning, Bruhn, Clark, Dempsey, Henry all young talented plauers drafted or picked up after 2020 and making an impact and cemented in their side. We are in a deep hole and mostly because our recruitment and player development since 2020 has been rubbish
Hard to disagree. I'll take our 3 flags over Geelong's one* though.

Reactions: 6 users

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
Alas this is the reality we are facing at this point in time.
Lots of talk on PRE about our number of draft picks and trading out players for more/better picks.

What’s the point of all these draft picks if our recruiting department keeps on picking the wrong type of recruit?

Attributes recruiting departments should be looking for:

Disposal by hand and foot
Speed and agility
Competitivness
Decision making
Speed and agility
Marking
Endurance
Coach ability
Good hands

How many of our recruits of recent times tick those boxes?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Holmes, Dekonning, Bruhn, Clark, Dempsey, Henry all young talented plauers drafted or picked up after 2020 and making an impact and cemented in their side.
theres a bit of the grass is greener there.
Holmes- yes great pick up.
De Konning had played 1 game at the age Gibcus is now, then exploded, before not quite reaching the same highs last year- No reason to think Gibcus wont reach the same level.
Bruhn played all of last year as a mid and was pretty average.- Last year was his 3rd year- same as our 2021 crop this year. They traded a 1rd pick for him.
Clark has played 2 games for an average of less than 10 disposal.
Dempsey again is the same age as our 2021 crop and has played 8 games in his career.
Henry was a good pick up.

Reactions: 3 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Cambell.
McCauliff.
Smith.

Can someone contact Zips and tell him to turn the car around and bring Clarke back from the airport?

Last edited: