Matthew Clarke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Clarke

dcstar

Once sane, always Richmond......
Nov 5, 2003
Melbourne
TigerMasochist said:
Wonder how many players in the AFL would have a kicking efficiency of 80%.
Seems nowadays that if a disposal of any sort isn't a blatant turnover that it's deemed efficient. Players like Martin, Cotchin, Griffen, Johannisen etc can butcher the ball or kick to the wrong side of a contest as often as they like, but are still rated as elite users of the pill. Yet players that look ugly whilst still similarly efficient are stamped as hacks from day one.
One of the many side-effects of people watching matches on the narrow perspective of a 2D flat screen rather than the 3D experience of being there.

When you are constantly fed only a fraction of the information that allows you to truly determine a player's worth then you inevitably do not come to the correct conclusion - and this applies to a lot of the TV commentators who simply stare at the screen in front of them even though they are at the game and then invent some bulldust that the viewers (including other footy media) then parrot to become a myth.

Factor that into the constant video "analysis" that all clubs do and if you get people that basically solely rely on that to make decisions instead of using it as just a supplement to other sources then the poor outcomes of the process that the loser clubs exhibit have an explanation.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
CC TIGER said:
I thought you would have had the video recording lapel working 8-

I certainly wore it mate, but after what happened a few years ago with a potential draftee who apparently couldn't kick the club has installed an upgraded cone of silence & some electronic scrambling device that rendered my lapel virtually useless

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
taztiger4 said:
I certainly wore it mate, but after what happened a few years ago with a potential draftee who apparently couldn't kick the club has installed an upgraded cone of silence & some electronic scrambling device that rendered my lapel virtually useless
Good to see TFTF going to important areas :hihi

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
bullus_hit said:
Good start by Clarke, absolutely no complaints and he extracted value at every pick.
agree, overall i think we did the best we could given the picks we had, all of them were picked later than they were ranked, Champion Data had both Bolton & Graham in the top 24 players in the Draft & Garthwaite is one of the better KPD's in the Draft.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Tigertough1974 said:
Even though FJ did the RFC quick overview last night, it appeared it was Clarkes draft, he was the man with the computer and he did all the lead up chats and discussions.

As people have said it can take years to know if you won or lost, given our relatively poor picks i am very pleased with the guys that will be joining. I think its quite possible that all 3 could play for 10 plus years, time will tell but i don't think anyone can say we were predictable!
just on this point, it was the 1st time in yrs that our 1st pick wasn't known before the Draft. we need that to be the norm

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Even at club 80 we had no clue although I suspected that our targets were in the "top" 20 players he highlighted.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The Mole said:
Even at club 80 we had no clue although I suspected that our targets were in the "top" 20 players he highlighted.
So was any of the top 20 in the highlight slipped past 20 or our first selection

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Where is the love for this bloke?

He has built depth to our list with little fan fare.

His last 3 drafts have been pearlers.

Graham
Bolton
Garthwaite
Higgins
Balta
Baker
Ross
Stack

All playing senior footy and contributing.

Then there is those with AFL potential

Naish
Turner
CCJ
RCD

He really hasn’t put a foot wrong.

E

easy_tiger

Smoking Aces said:
Where is the love for this bloke?

He has built depth to our list with little fan fare.

His last 3 drafts have been pearlers.

Graham
Bolton
Garthwaite
Higgins
Balta
Baker
Ross
Stack

All playing senior footy and contributing.

Then there is those with AFL potential

Naish
Turner
CCJ
RCD

He really hasn’t put a foot wrong.

Tracking toward dynastical Mastermind genius

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Yes he and the team are doing a really good job.

Do they have input on our VFL recruiting as well?