Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Not convinced, but he deserves as much latitude as Castagna and Aarts have previously gotten.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The spark we needed.
That’s exactly why I wanted to get him in the team , that enthusiasm and effort Georgie made a career of is what Parker has in spades at the moment , he’s playing for career, has achieved nothing and wants redemption. I’d be sticking with him going forward in front of the incumbent ( never used that word before) may not be the silkiest skills but neither was George and Aarts , I’d much rather go forward with Parker, Baker and Shedda , ad Dusty and MJ next season

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I think people are pretty harsh on him. A month ago was in the wilderness. I think he adds plenty. Certainly seems the type to bob up when needed.

Reactions: 5 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
7 score involvements. Nice assist to Prestia for his goal.

A unique type which makes him hard to play against. He's not delist material and with a summer to build connection, reckon he can be a handy player next year.

Reactions: 5 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Needs to improve his kicking through besides that bit of wild card.
It's not like he can't kick. He's just not great at it about half the time. The goal off one step from 45 shows he has the mechanics, and the ball always spins like a drop punt should off his boot.

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
It's not like he can't kick. He's just not great at it about half the time. The goal off one step from 45 shows he has the mechanics, and the ball always spins like a drop punt should off his boot.
Yes. Needs the same advice that Shane Tuck got and that was either kick it as far as possible or pick the easy option, keep it simple. Enjoyed his game again. Looks more confident to do some things but his aggression is awesome.

Reactions: 1 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
How’s Parker going tonight ? Haven’t seen him ? Anyone seen him . Seriously hopeless !! Not playing North this week son
Just watched him run up the ground and couldn’t hit Lynch on chest by foot from 20 metres away
Spare me !!

Last edited:

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Skills are just not up to it. I think we just make hard decisions on guys like him this offseason. We need to focus on good kicking skills.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
It is not surprising that he is a battler. He was about the 1000th ranked (at best) player in the country.

Not sure why people think a battler is suddenly going to become a good player simply because we draft them.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It is not surprising that he is a battler. He was about the 1000th ranked (at best) player in the country.

Not sure why people think a battler is suddenly going to become a good player simply because we draft them.
Can't see anything wrong with him compared to more talented players of ours turning the ball over.