Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Skills are just not up to it. I think we just make hard decisions on guys like him this offseason. We need to focus on good kicking skills.
Skills are poor ! Saints got rid of him for a reason . People must think there must be some sort of “ skill potion “ or Magic Wand at punt rd ? Guess what ? There isn’t
Very poor tonight

Reactions: 1 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
It is not surprising that he is a battler. He was about the 1000th ranked (at best) player in the country.

Not sure why people think a battler is suddenly going to become a good player simply because we draft them.
I certainly wasnt expecting the world. Just saying that we should make an early call with him and not hang on in the hope he will change. He is what he is.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
A shame that we didn't use our MSD pick on a young player like Schlensog instead.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
We thought we were going to make a late run in 2021 and he might be an icing on the cake player.

We are not and he is not.

No harm done, move on.

Reactions: 4 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Will be very interesting to see if club makes the cruel but correct call and cuts him. Tries hard but obviously not good enough. Also reckon he doesn’t fit in the team dynamics

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He’s not for me.
Understand where you’re coming from. Couldn’t get a grip on him at St Kilda, thought he may have improved going back to South Freo, but he’s just looking like an average depth player at the moment. Ok at times. Not at others. Thought he was a bit quicker and a better kick than he appears. Maybe jury still out ? Not sure. Play again next week.

Reactions: 2 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I swear he was quick and had a leap on him at the Aints. Certainly isn't showing much athleticism at Richmond, looked slow and cumbersome tonight

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Playing as a forward not particularly easy at the tigers. Our delivery must be the worst in the comp, we make everything look so hard. Not sure he is up to it but if you judged us on last night you would be delisting about 16 players.

Reactions: 3 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
You could give him a a couple of years at rookie wages I reckon. A few to go before him. Need some depth at the club. Our Juniors currently arent up to it

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Age isn't the issue for his improvement A. T. Blokes come from a different comp, moved across the country, then had to increase his fitness levels and learn a completely different game structure. While also getting to know a complete mob of new team mates.
Reckon he's done an exceptional job and having some genuine impact for the team, while trying to find his feet through all the upheaval. Get him fully settled in with a full pre season under the belt n I'm thinking he's still got more to offer. Got the pace, hardness, aggression aspects covered, tidies up a little bit on his marking n finishing with the ball n we'll have a good player on our hands.
No disrespect TM but doubling down on my view that this is not the player we should be investing in. Pace, hardness, aggression are not too difficult to find in any half decent athlete. Ability to kick, mark, handball with some sense of footy IQ/decision making somewhat more difficult.