Mav Weller | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mav Weller

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
tigerlove said:
Maybe we enquired and he didn't want to come to the Tigers?

We didnt. West Coast did till they got Hickey then a couple days later Collingwood swooped

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
He's playing VFL tomorrow. Who goes out when he gets that game under his belt?

You surprised he wasn't rushed back in?

Thought he would play 5 games for us and then get delisted. After round 1 I thought i was wrong and he would play a lot more. Then after round 2 I still thought I was wrong but think I may have over estimated the number of games he will play for us.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
jb03 said:
You surprised he wasn't rushed back in?

Thought he would play 5 games for us and then get delisted. After round 1 I thought i was wrong and he would play a lot more. Then after round 2 I still thought I was wrong but think I may have over estimated the number of games he will play for us.

I work with a mad St Kilda supporter. That describes Weller to a t. He said he had one decent year at the aints and the rest was pretty poor.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Its easy to say it was a dumb move in hindsight, (although I said it in foresight :cool:, but the odds of Stack, Bakes and Ross all blitzing were long.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Bullarto Tiger said:
Does anyone know how long Weller was signed for?
I am hoping that it was just a one year contract.

1 year. Basic insurance policy. With the way the injuries are happening this year, he may yet be needed.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Leysy Days said:
We wouldn't have enquired. No cash.

We couldn't afford anyone unless on base wage - Roughead certainly isn't on that.

I guarantee you he wouldn’t be on alot more then weller is getting.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I think it was a terrible rookie selection promarily because it was not a role we needed depth for. I don't get the thinking at all.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Jonathan Marsh seemed a better rookie selection based on what he did in the preseason, yet he hasn't been able to crack a game at the Saints behind Battle and Brown. :headscratch