McLachlan. ..... G.O.N.E. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

McLachlan. ..... G.O.N.E.

Before the rules committee, changes to the rules had to be run past all the major leagues - VFL, WANFL, SANFL etc. The AFL does not own the game, it is not the only senior level league and should not have sole say over things like the rules of the game. They neglect the lower levels and that is what will kill the game, along with the stupid rules they keep changing.

DS
This I agree with. The AFL shouldn't be the custodians of the game. Imagine the PGA Tour running golf in America? OR the NFL running college and high school football. Never Happen. We need a confederation of stakeholders, a FIFA of sorts. What could go wrong? Nothing would ever actually change, such is the beauty of committees. I kid. I think for Australian Rules Football an independent commission should be in charge of the money and rules.

Reactions: 6 users
Finally left the building.... what's the definition of a narcissist?
538 days since he announced it!
Tally Ho......20231002_182705.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Worst. AFL. CEO. EVER!!
Makes Demteriou look like e choir boy And that’s not easy.
Hopefully Dillon will bring it back a bit closer the the grassroots, but I’m not confident.

Reactions: 3 users
See you next Tuesday Gillon.
Oakley, Jackson, Demetriou, McLachlan.

I reckon the only one out of them I was remotely happy with in hindsight, was Jackson. Not to say he was good, but in hindsight, he's the least
Worst AFL CEO. He's also a reasonably nice guy (used to bump into him at a Coffee shop near 80 Collins St regularly - seemed very humble and polite).

As for Gillon. GTFO out. Can't stand you, your legacy or your bourgeois approach to AFL. Die in a fire you *smile*.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Worst. AFL. CEO. EVER!!
Makes Demteriou look like e choir boy And that’s not easy.
Hopefully Dillon will bring it back a bit closer the the grassroots, but I’m not confident.
Unfortunately he’ll be remembered as one of the best. By the media. And they’ll shove that narrative down our throats over and over and over again.

Unfortunately he’ll be remembered as one of the best. By the media. And they’ll shove that narrative down our throats over and over and over again.
He is as well connected as anyone in the nation, and the high-dollar PR people are all part of that super-elite network, so it stands to reason.

Have to say I've enjoyed watching him get repeatedly roasted over the polo and the Dame Nellie melba endless farewell, you can see that he has hated it in spite of trying to put on the good sport facade. Small mercies.

Are you referring to the same media that doesn’t give a fart, let alone discuss objectively the things that need to be fixed within the AFL, without the AFL’s permission? 🤔

Who believes anything the AFL affiliated media comes out with ?????

Last edited:
My beef with him was that he stuck his nose into political issues that have nothing to do with football. The master of virtue signalling.
He’d make a great mayor. Lord of everything except roads, rates and rubbish.

Reactions: 1 user
Got a hunch the only reason Gill had such a long farewell lap was because the big money job offers didn’t materialize like he expected when he announced his resignation.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank f...
Where's the rule changes???
As soon as we win our flag they introduced 3 rules changes.
Ever since 2000 nothing Zilch

Reactions: 1 user
Mutherfuckers. Never forget.

View attachment 20742
And never forget C Scott in a post GF Review on 360 after looking at some footage of our pressure: 'there are people who don't like that' that was a quote, clear implication that is wasn't fair or wasn't pleasing to watch, then he went on to say, papaphrasing, something about some people wanting to make changes to address it, and I may have said too much.

....and he rides off on his lame polo pony into the squatters sunset towards another kooshti job....