McLachlan to stay on | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

McLachlan to stay on

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
He is like that old footballer who tells you it is his last season but then fronts up again the next year

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
So where does that leave the candidates that have been sourced by the (expensive) recruiter. As if they are going to wait indefinitely for the AFL, especially if they are from clubland. Either they don't have an option or something is fishy I reckon

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
So where does that leave the candidates that have been sourced by the (expensive) recruiter. As if they are going to wait indefinitely for the AFL, especially if they are from clubland. Either they don't have an option or something is fishy I reckon
I reckon they'll announce someone soon enough and get mentored for the first 5 rounds next season....holding Gil's hand.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He’s got too many current problems to fix yet before he can go. By the time he fixes or sweeps them under the carpet, he’ll have another half dozen to deal with. Don’t see him leaving until 2032.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It's as if he's delibertely leaving at a time when it will be difficult for anyone involved at clubland to take over the role.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence. Maybe he thinks Brad will be scked by then and looking for his next AFL House role.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Waiting for TBR to state that its a selfless act by Gil & we should all be appreciative of his sensational stewardship over the past 8 years.

All of you

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It's as if he's delibertely leaving at a time when it will be difficult for anyone involved at clubland to take over the role.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence. Maybe he thinks Brad will be scked by then and looking for his next AFL House role.
5 rounds for a Bummer implosion is too short. Slowly cooked.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Waiting for TBR to state that its a selfless act by Gil & we should all be appreciative of his sensational stewardship over the past 8 years.

All of you

Actually I think it is a weird decision, a clean break would make more sense.

Pleased that I am the first thing on your mind when it comes to footy opinion though. :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
He said he would stay on until the hawthorn issue was resolved. The penny must have dropped that it wasn’t going to be swept under the carpet as quickly as he thought it would

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Actually I think it is a weird decision, a clean break would make more sense.

Pleased that I am the first thing on your mind when it comes to footy opinion though. :love:
LOL, love ya work, an alternative view is always refreshing ( or irritatingly *smile* annoying)

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He said he would stay on until the hawthorn issue was resolved. The penny must have dropped that it wasn’t going to be swept under the carpet as quickly as he thought it would
by rd 5 it will all be "forgotten", that is how the AFL deals with difficult issues.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wonder if maybe the potential candidates took a good hard look at all the *smile* storms coming in n decided that discretion is the better part of valour. Reckon they mighta done a runner n Gilligan's gotta hang around a bit longer till they manage to find a numpty stupid enough to want the job.