McLachlan to stay on | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

McLachlan to stay on

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Difficult for the Commission to put a good face on the appointment of a new CEO by a Board which is two short.

Also difficult to try to secure a preferred result if two with voting rights have just arrived. Especially so it the newly arrived members believe that they are actually entitled to make a contribution!

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Id put my farm and both neighbours farms,

on Andrew Dillon the new CEO.

The silence and delay is probably due to the $2m consultants finding some better candidates,

And they need to rejig the selection criteria so Dillon can succeed.

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Id put my farm and both neighbours farms,

on Andrew Dillon the new CEO.

The silence and delay is probably due to the $2m consultants finding some better candidates,

And they need to rejig the selection criteria so Dillon can succeed.
Probably right. I’m expecting him to be the new CEO as well.

Having said that, the guy has the personality of a wet brick. Wouldn’t be a great front man I don’t think. Might be a few people inside the AFL a bit concerned about that ie can he spin things properly.

Key requirement at the AFL.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Goyder seems to have failed corporate governance 101. The chief executive should be reporting to HIM, not the other way around. Simply a low altitude flyer.

Goyter's problem is he prefers to sit in 1A sipping champagne and watching a movie rather than down the back doing real work.

Clubland realised long ago that he was barely interested in the job.

The ole Skipper is worried that he'll have to step up once Gilligan departs the island with his bags full of buried treasure.

Last edited:

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Mrs Howell is making A late run.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Record crowds
It will be interesting if this remains throughout the season. Having Richmond Collingwood and Carlton winning helps, as does the regular early season fools gold of Essendon beating bottom teams.
But the fixturing has also already had Rich v Carl, Rich v Coll, Geel v Coll, Carl v Geel, Perth Derby, Adelaide Derby. It is almost as thought he draw was done to boost early season crowds before a certain person leaves their job.

Reactions: 5 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
It is almost as thought he draw was done to boost early season crowds before a certain person leaves their job.

I'm not sure when they sat down to create a hugely complicated fixture involved 18 clubs, stadium availability and workloads, TV schedules, club requests, travel requirements and so on, that giving someone who is already considered the best CEO the game has seen a bump in crowds would have been that high on the list.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Record crowds, record membership, massive TV ratings and more revenue in the game than ever.

He might be begged to stay and do the job for life.
Enron, Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers and even Silicon Valley Bank all reported record profits, revenue and market caps right before the end. Just sayin’.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I'm not sure when they sat down to create a hugely complicated fixture involved 18 clubs, stadium availability and workloads, TV schedules, club requests, travel requirements and so on, that giving someone who is already considered the best CEO the game has seen a bump in crowds would have been that high on the list.
They openly talked about hoping to set the attendance record in rd1- i dont reckon the match ups were by chance. Likewise i dont think it is a coincidence that both Adelaide and Perth derbys were fixtured in rd 3.

considering all the big clashes that are already locked in, adding a few more early in the season would not be too hard. as has been said numerous times the whole AFL office is a boys club who all look to look after each other, and their egos.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
They openly talked about hoping to set the attendance record in rd1- i dont reckon the match ups were by chance. Likewise i dont think it is a coincidence that both Adelaide and Perth derbys were fixtured in rd 3.

considering all the big clashes that are already locked in, adding a few more early in the season would not be too hard. as has been said numerous times the whole AFL office is a boys club who all look to look after each other, and their egos.

Agree they have big egos but the scheduling is all about meeting KPIs in their contracts and ensuring they get massive bonuses.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

I just don't think they are doing it to pump up Gil.

Incidentally I reckon there is a good chance he will see out this entire season.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Read an interesting article (can't remember where) about the game in Queensland in particular. The context was the success or otherwise of the suns and the Giants.

Evidently grass roots Aussie rules in Queensland is booming. Auskick growth in terms of participation numbers is extremely high and viewership of games is well up. I didn't see what the equivalents were in Sydney/NSW.

It made me think that maybe we were thinking about success of the expansion teams in the wrong way. It would be interesting to know what the growth or otherwise is in the traditional footy states?

These are the things that really should be the key to judging Gil imo rather than crowds for the first 3 matches.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Evidently grass roots Aussie rules in Queensland is booming. Auskick growth in terms of participation numbers is extremely high and viewership
AFLQ are useless and fudge the numbers

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
That’s a big statement Ezy. I would have thought fudging would eventually catch up with you
AFLQ are clueless, but anecdotally at least junior numbers seem high to me. Driving around town on the weekend you see games everywhere. Everyone I know who has kids between 1 and 3 of them are playing footy, especially girls, and they are obsessed. They tell me the numbers are up each year, some clubs fielding multiple sides, standard is way up, and being played in schools more.

But having observed AFLQ for many years, and occassionally dealt with them, I'd go with what Tigerfurious said, it is succeeding in spite of the AFL, not because of it.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That’s a big statement Ezy. I would have thought fudging would eventually catch up with you

Your talking about the most opaque organisation in the first world.

If a mother pushing a pram with newborn twins accepts 3 auskick landfill water bottles,

They tally 4 AFL participants

And the uselessness of AFLQ knows no bounds.

They buy spinach and ricotta rolls for pie night.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Your talking about the most opaque organisation in the first world.

If a mother pushing a pram with newborn twins accepts 3 auskick landfill water bottles,

They tally 4 AFL participants

And the uselessness of AFLQ knows no bounds.

They buy spinach and ricotta rolls for pie night.
:ROFLMAO: Quite like spinach and ricotta

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users