Mid season Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid season Draft

I reckon we could do worse than giving Sam Davidson a shot. He has got some serious wheels.

Reactions: 8 users
Each of your first four are no certainty to be around in 2 seasons time. Brown has still to show that he can stand up when the team is under pressure. Young, Miller Smith and Trezise are young defenders and look to be part of the future. Grimes is almost gone and could be after Saturday night. Balta is a forward.

If available El Nour is a must.
Jeez Brown is basically a first year player taken late in the first or early second round. Give him a season or 2. I know he was taken in 2022 but he's barely had 10 games.

Reactions: 1 user
Would love to give Archie May a go has so much upside for a 19 year old 195 athletic FULL Foward..

Reactions: 13 users
Why did we play Davidson today on the mcg stupid decision by the club dodo says thanks but

Reactions: 1 users
Jeez Brown is basically a first year player taken late in the first or early second round. Give him a season or 2. I know he was taken in 2022 but he's barely had 10 games.
Not suggesting he isn’t up to it just that imo we don’t know yet.

I reckon we could do worse than giving Sam Davidson a shot. He has got some serious wheels.
I know there is a lot more to a footballer than pace but it seems to be leading attribute to an exciting, take the game on, bust packs open, spread the opposition, open the game up play that is really valuable assets. Maybe it’s because of the stand rule and 6 per line rule and other rules I don’t know. A chad Warner without pace wouldn’t be the same.

Would love to give Archie May a go has so much upside for a 19 year old 195 athletic FULL Foward..
197cm, not sure about athletic? The question marks on this forum has been his athleticism. He is a big lug and is from my eye a legit kpf footballer. I'd be happy for us to pick him from 1 of 4 picks.

They’ve been linked to 196cm Peel Thunder defender Jacob Blight, who’s had an excellent WAFL league season and recently starred for his state against South Australia.
With Young going down you'd have to think this guy just moved up our board

Reactions: 3 users
We are going to have 4 (or is it 5) players basically starting with minimal if any preseason next year. They’ll get back well into the new season. Surely we get a few at MSD time to try and find some upgrades to what we have.

Reactions: 2 users
Need a ruck who can catch the ball...is that too much to ask???
Look at Toby Murray, 200cm 94 kg Forward/Ruck from Murray Bushrangers, Essendon VFL, Wang Rovers and now at Adelaide SANFL with his brother Nick.
Now aged 20.

Last edited:
Looks like we have 4 picks , hearing on other boards that Tyler has done an ACL in the 2nds
Think we should go for either Scaife (197 Forward) or Blight (196 Defender) depending on Norths pick.
If Murray (200 Ruck/Forward) is still there take him with our second at 17 or another key forward.
Take El Noor with our pick 24 only to get him away from others and on our list before next years draft since he has a shoulder injury currently.