Mid season Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid season Draft

Looks like we're only taking 2 in the MSD and leaving the other 2 for the ND as Ooze mentioned in his presser.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Noah Howes (if available at our pick)

Kid is playing well against men in the SANFL as a 18 year old
6-7 months younger than McAullife & Fawcett

Reactions: 4 users
Makes no sense we are cruelled by injuries and any one taken in the mid season draft is given a 4 month contract, it's a free swing.

Reactions: 3 users
May is two seasons away and is quite slow and has a poor tank at this stage of his career. He looked better yesterday with so many entries and a poor opponent. He struggles to take contested marks and a lot of his goals are joe the gooses. He’s high risk at this stage as he looks way below Kosi levels. I think we should go for Howes , Garner and Davidson as they are ready to play at the level.
I’m not saying May won’t make it, but he’s a long way off and a bigger risk to fail.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
May is two seasons away and is quite slow and has a poor tank at this stage of his career. He looked better yesterday with so many entries and a poor opponent. He struggles to take contested marks and a lot of his goals are joe the gooses. He’s high risk at this stage as he looks way below Kosi levels. I think we should go for Howes , Garner and Davidson as they are ready to play at the level.
I’m not saying May won’t make it, but he’s a long way off and a bigger risk to fail.
Played on Sam weiderman yesterday from reports , 11 marks is a fair effort for 4G ,,,, I dunno how far away he’d be , he dies tho take a good clean mark and a decent kick ,,,,I reckon more chance of impacting afl than Ryan

Reactions: 2 users
From yesterday's seconds match the player that showed the most AFL traits was Davidson.

Nice size, good pace, good endurance, can mark it and kick it.

I'd be very happy if we took him with our first selection.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Johnny Ralph said will could have 6 picks in next week's mid year draft.
but Yze said we will most likely only use 1-2 picks.
Why?? Fjen use all of them and find at least 1 gem and *smile* off the rest.
Collingwood won the flag and brought in 2 or 3 new kids at the start of the year.
I'm calling tommorow

Reactions: 6 users
Played on Sam weiderman yesterday from reports , 11 marks is a fair effort for 4G ,,,, I dunno how far away he’d be , he dies tho take a good clean mark and a decent kick ,,,,I reckon more chance of impacting afl than Ryan
Sam looked way off and not the player he once was, but I just think he’s a long work in progress. Ryan is really underwhelming atm and it wouldn’t take much to be than him. I hope you’re right with May, but he hasn’t impressed me so far.

Johnny Ralph said will could have 6 picks in next week's mid year draft.
but Yze said we will most likely only use 1-2 picks.
Why?? Fjen use all of them and find at least 1 gem and *smile* off the rest.
Collingwood won the flag and brought in 2 or 3 new kids at the start of the year.
I'm calling tommorow
I think the issue is players puttung 18 months on their contracts or something akin to this.

Meaning you lose ND picks with every mid season draft pick taken in the MSD unless you are prepared to cut the list really deep or yopu only draft blokes happy to sign for 6 months or wahtever.

The higher rated prospects will put longer terms on them like Bauer did.

Coulthard only was on short term need 2 - or 3 blokes at lesser lengths.

That way you can cut them easy if they are no good.

I think the issue is players puttung 18 months on their contracts or something akin to this.

Meaning you lose ND picks with every mid season draft pick taken in the MSD unless you are prepared to cut the list really deep or yopu only draft blokes happy to sign for 6 months or wahtever.

The higher rated prospects will put longer terms on them like Bauer did.

Coulthard only was on short term need 2 - or 3 blokes at lesser lengths.

That way you can cut them easy if they are no good.
Graigy
The player chooses to select 18month contract or 6 months.
Over 400 kids have nominated.
Pick 6 of the best contested marking kids who have selected 6 months.
We need to find a Milocheck

Graigy
The player chooses to select 18month contract or 6 months.
Over 400 kids have nominated.
Pick 6 of the best contested marking kids who have selected 6 months.
We need to find a Milocheck
Makes total sense. It's a free hit within this window of opportunity. These are spots open due to LTIL. Not as if we can carry them to the ND. I'm not sure what the salary implications are though. We may be in a pickle with all the injuries and extra player payments.

From yesterday's seconds match the player that showed the most AFL traits was Davidson.

Nice size, good pace, good endurance, can mark it and kick it.

I'd be very happy if we took him with our first selection.
Kid even got to play Grigga ruckman against Essendrugs. Poor Brindle n Davo looked like a couple of shaved down pencils trying to ruck against the Essendrugs ruckmen. Got smashed in the ruck contests but were pretty handy around the ball as way more mobile n agile.