MLB 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MLB 2023

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dudes also making over $50M a year from marketing, so it's not the $2M a year will be bad for him for 10 years. And likely to increase now he's a Dodger.

So I'd definitely do a similar deal to bring an international team mate, and help the team add more good/great players to the roster. For sure (y)

I looked at the Dodgers attendance last year, they led the league.

As they're on the better side of America for the travelling Japanese fans to go and see them, the West Coast, they're a good chance of reaching the stadium capacity for 81 games a season over the next 10 years.

Even guessing the extra 9,000+ fans a game at say $100 a ticket avg is around $1M a game, close to $70M in revenue a year.

Even an avg of $50 a ticket x 81 games is $32M a season which makes the deal by the Dodgers, adding all the merchandise, food and drinks spent, an awesome deal for them (y)

View attachment 21401
Stinks !

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Looks to me like they out Yankee'd the Yankees.
Yep, since the Magic Johnson lead ownership group took over the Dodgers in 2012, they've replaced my Yankees in many area's :cry:

Won first World Series since 1988 in 2020.
Took 8 years for him to help them win a WS.
Yankees are on a 13 year skid for a WS win.

3 National League pennants in 11 years for the Dodgers. Yankees haven't won an American League pennant since 2009.

Hal Steinbrenner out!
Magic Johnson in!! :D:LOL:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yep, since the Magic Johnson lead ownership group took over the Dodgers in 2012, they've replaced my Yankees in many area's :cry:

Won first World Series since 1988 in 2020.
Took 8 years for him to help them win a WS.
Yankees are on a 13 year skid for a WS win.

3 National League pennants in 11 years for the Dodgers. Yankees haven't won an American League pennant since 2009.

Hal Steinbrenner out!
Magic Johnson in!! :D:LOL:
How’s the re hab going Jerald ?

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
How’s the re hab going Jerald ?
Interesting U asked man :)

It's 6 months ago today from the accident. Friday, 23 June - Saturday, 23 December, 2023.

It's been a tough and hard road to date and a lot still to achieve but step by step aye :eyes

Having a right hip needing operations to put plates and screws in my groin, in the hip and also my backside, getting infections in that part of the body as well, I'm still standing 🦿

After stuck in a bed six months ago, then the use of a wheelchair and then onto crutches.

Yesterday and today I was able to walk without any assistance!! 🚶‍♂️💪👊

Reached 5,000 steps a day, close to 5k in my steps, from starting with 500 a day two months ago. I'll be happy with 6,000 a day or just short of 6k walking a day or an hour a day :cool:

Next up - jogging / running man 🏃‍♂️😎

Thanks for all the support, very much appreciated 💛🖤💛🖤

Screenshot_20231223_134717_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_134723_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_134727_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Interesting U asked man :)

It's 6 months ago today from the accident. Friday, 23 June - Saturday, 23 December, 2023.

It's been a tough and hard road to date and a lot still to achieve but step by step aye :eyes

Having a right hip needing operations to put plates and screws in my groin, in the hip and also my backside, getting infections in that part of the body as well, I'm still standing 🦿

After stuck in a bed six months ago, then the use of a wheelchair and then onto crutches.

Yesterday and today I was able to walk without any assistance!! 🚶‍♂️💪👊

Reached 5,000 steps a day, close to 5k in my steps, from starting with 500 a day two months ago. I'll be happy with 6,000 a day or just short of 6k walking a day or an hour a day :cool:

Next up - jogging / running man 🏃‍♂️😎

Thanks for all the support, very much appreciated 💛🖤💛🖤

View attachment 21410

View attachment 21412

View attachment 21413
Doing an amazing job Jerald.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Doing an amazing job Jerald.
Thanks champ. Got two rehab gym sessions a week at Epworth Outpatients building across the road from the hospital, on Erin St. Doing a home exercise program as well as the walking
💛🖤

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
@dusty123456 your Dodgers are going ballistic in the first game of Spring Training. Smashing the Pads.

Should be an interesting season, even if the Red Sox are *smile*. What a disgrace their owners have become. Unreal.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Season of Redford 2024 kicks up a gear tonight with the start of the MLB season. 3 game opening series in Seoul between the Dodgers and Pads.

Big series. The mega spending Dodgers send one of their new acquisitions out to start and Ohtani debuts at the plate. Darvish goes for the Pads.

What a *smile* offseason for the Red Sox. Terrible. Get rid of the owners. They suck. They’re crushing the team, the brand, the city and the fans. They are completely anti what the Red Sox are all about, and people have had enough.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Season of Redford 2024 kicks up a gear tonight with the start of the MLB season. 3 game opening series in Seoul between the Dodgers and Pads.

Big series. The mega spending Dodgers send one of their new acquisitions out to start and Ohtani debuts at the plate. Darvish goes for the Pads.

What a *smile* offseason for the Red Sox. Terrible. Get rid of the owners. They suck. They’re crushing the team, the brand, the city and the fans. They are completely anti what the Red Sox are all about, and people have had enough.
Give George Constanza a call Redfords. He’ll sort it out

dusty123456

Tiger Cub
Aug 12, 2020
@dusty123456 your Dodgers are going ballistic in the first game of Spring Training. Smashing the Pads.

Should be an interesting season, even if the Red Sox are *smile*. What a disgrace their owners have become. Unreal.
Unfortunatley I get the feeling that inevitably some injury will kill us in the postseason...

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Go Cardinals.. extended Marmols contract but not so sure about it... bit of an 'almost' guy

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Great baseball town St Louis.
i don't know too much Red. Visited there once from Chicago for a few days and it was a friendly city. Someone gave me a Cardinals cap that i still have! Followed them for the 25 years since and stay interested in how they're going.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What’s this Ohtani thing ? $4.5 million in payments to a betting organisation. WTF ? Keeps changing his story.