Motorola sponsorship | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Motorola sponsorship

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Agree T80,this is a baffling decision.What retail opportunities have Conceptsports given us.I suspect zilch.

TIGEREXTRA

Tiger Legend
Jun 20, 2004
Melbourne
cantstandeddie said:
rosy23 said:
From conversations I had at the time with a Richmond Forum Member who'd discussed it at their meeting, and also discussions on here, it was us who ditched Nike.

The club ditched Nike because they were very inflexible on offering range, margin and service. There is more to a supply contract than just an emblem on a jumper. Weigh up all retail opportunities, uniforms, footwear, replica wear etc. The club needs to get the possible deal and supply on offer. Simply, a better deal was on offer from another company.

Concept sports, what a joke !

To make money off the clothing then you gotta sell it, who the hell would rather buy a concept sports guernsey,tracksuite ect.
Nike/addidas are global sporting giants and IMO most supporters who buy the official clothing also buy Nike and/or addidas. They dont want to buy No Name stuff!

I have said it before, and now that I have read that we alledgedly ditched Nike, I am pissed!

What a shocking business decision !!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We should have gone with Dunlop. Or maybe Le Coq Sportiff ?

Slazenger ? (Nah, they're too dorky/crappy/chintzy. No club would be stupid enough to go with them......)

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Redford said:
We should have gone with Dunlop. Or maybe Le Coq Sportiff ?

Slazenger ? (Nah, they're too dorky/crappy/chintzy. No club would be stupid enough to go with them......)

Redford, you are usually pretty silent on these matters but as one of the most respected opinions on PRE, where do you think your vote will lie? (You can pm me if you wish)

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
jb03 said:
Redford, you are usually pretty silent on these matters but as one of the most respected opinions on PRE, where do you think your vote will lie?  (You can pm me if you wish)

"respected opinions". That's the funniest thing I've ever heard from you yet Humphrey B. Bear !!! Ha ha ha....

You don't have to try and seduce me into a reply B. Bear. I'll tell you straight out seeing as you asked in good spirit.

I will be voting for the new candidates. For a whole host of reasons, for me it is CLEARLY the most appropriate choice.

And by the way, for what its worth I work in the financial services industry and whilst I don't know Charles personally I: a) know very well of his business acumen and record; and b) know many people who DO know him very well and each and every one of them speaks of him in the most glowing terms. Very smart, very humble, very generous and honest.

Sounds like what we need don't you think B. Bear ? !

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Redford said:
jb03 said:
Redford, you are usually pretty silent on these matters but as one of the most respected opinions on PRE, where do you think your vote will lie? (You can pm me if you wish)

"respected opinions". That's the funniest thing I've ever heard from you yet Humphrey B. Bear !!! Ha ha ha....

You don't have to try and seduce me into a reply B. Bear. I'll tell you straight out seeing as you asked in good spirit.

I will be voting for the new candidates. For a whole host of reasons, for me it is CLEARLY the most appropriate choice.

And by the way, for what its worth I work in the financial services industry and whilst I don't know Charles personally I: a) know very well of his business acumen and record; and b) know many people who DO know him very well and each and every one of them speaks of him in the most glowing terms. Very smart, very humble, very generous and honest.

Sounds like what we need don't you think B. Bear ? !

Thank you for yet another honest, concise, informative response r-p-r. I couldn't agree more with your sentiments.

While you're at it, I've got a couple of thou to invest in the 'financial services' industry. Any suggestions. (Better PM that one!!)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
jb03 said:
While you're at it, I've got a couple of thou to invest in the 'financial services' industry.  Any suggestions.  (Better PM that one!!)

I heard there are some good shares in PRE at bargain basement prices at the moment jb......better get in quickly though, they'll skyrocket after next years premiership. ;D

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
jb03 said:
While you're at it, I've got a couple of thou to invest in the 'financial services' industry.  Any suggestions.  (Better PM that one!!)

Pssst.Wanna buy a bridge?

Boyanich

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 13, 2004
Regional Victoria
By chance I happened to go to the Motorola website.

There it says that Motorola are proud to announce their sponsorship of the Richmond Football Club. Only problem is, it is for 2003.

A tad behind in updating their site.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Has anyone read an official release from RFC about Motorola re-signing?

I haven't seen anything official which seems strange seeing there has been a statement today about TAC re-signing..

cantstandeddie

History always repeats
Jul 23, 2004
rosy23 said:
Has anyone read an official release from RFC about Motorola re-signing?

I haven't seen anything official which seems strange seeing there has been a statement today about TAC re-signing..

Motorola are only a coupe of days away from officially announcing next year's sponsorship. Good news to have both of our key sponsors with us....

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bump..

Everything old is new again..

Biggest surprise is they still exist.
I just bought a new Nokia 12 months ago.....running well than my previous Samsung phone.

What's scarier is seen some old farts posting here 18 years ago such as mb, Phanto, jb and Drof......even Bin made a comment. :))