Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
IanG said:
Well we were just talking about him, sad news this morning that Phillip Seymour Hoffman has died, probably from a drug overdose, RIP.

Seems there was enough heroin in his room to kill a brown dog. *smile* waste.

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
IanG said:
Well we were just talking about him, sad news this morning that Phillip Seymour Hoffman has died, probably from a drug overdose, RIP.

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
IanG said:

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Can't resist, my favourite PSH moment:

[youtube=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066BFGk6QvA[/youtube]

Aaron Sorkin writing for PSH. Pure genius.

skybeau

Tiger Champion
Mar 19, 2006
Yarragon
Saw 12 Years A Slave last night.

"There is nothing to forgive".

Didn't realise how much this film had impacted on me until I found myself in tears during the last third of it. It works it's way in quite subtly, don't expect a fast paced experience. But do expect to be affected by it, in some manner. Maybe don't see it alone like I did, you might need someone to unpack it afterwards...

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
skybeau said:
Saw 12 Years A Slave last night.

"There is nothing to forgive".

Didn't realise how much this film had impacted on me until I found myself in tears during the last third of it. It works it's way in quite subtly, don't expect a fast paced experience. But do expect to be affected by it, in some manner. Maybe don't see it alone like I did, you might need someone to unpack it afterwards...
Yep, it was excellent as all movies that illustrate such injustices are....usually

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
spook said:
I saw Gravity 3D at IMAX last night. Visually amazing, keeps the tension pretty well and Sandra Bullock is excellent.

Watching in HD with surround sound was a very good visual/audio experience however the ending was a disgrace.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
SkillzThatKillz said:
Watching in HD with surround sound was a very good visual/audio experience however the ending was a disgrace.

Please help me God.

If 2001: A Space odyssey can only win an Oscar for best visual effects why should this Hollywood crap win anything more?

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Tigers of Old said:
I like Sci-Fi. I like special effects but I hated Gravity.
Castaway in space.

The ending just wrecked it for me.

How does this crap win Oscars?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, Hollywood ending. Not sure how the director won the Oscar.

Great speech by Blanchett.

scottyturnerscurse said:
5-1. Kerching.
Alright, alright, alright! Good speech by Matty Mac too, and well-deserved. To go from shirt-off Slick Willy to actor of real substance is a credit to him.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
TigerForce said:
RIP Wendy Hughes. Died of cancer at a young 61.

Yes, I heard this tonight.

Wendy Hughes, one of Australia's best actresses.

My two favourites, at that time, were Hughes and Judy Morris.