Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Thought I'd watch the thing nominated for 11 Academy Awards, Everything Everywhere All at once. .... fmd, is it me or is that one hard movie to get ya head around?
Pulled the pin 40 minutes in!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Thought I'd watch the thing nominated for 11 Academy Awards, Everything Everywhere All at once. .... fmd, is it me or is that one hard movie to get ya head around?
I watched it last year as my daughter raved about it. Didn’t do anything for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The Banshees of Inisherin. Fecking brilliantly bleakly blackly funny and sad. Gleeson and Farrell, what a pairing. McDonagh, what a writer. The Irish, what can you say. The poetry and pain of life, it's in the blood.
Intense as but I loved it. Very different with great acting performances. Especially Farrell. (y)

Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
I loved it TBV. Give it a bit longer.
The kid who was Short Round in Temple of Doom and Data in The Goonies is sensational

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006

Watched all of it. Want that time back so I could, I don't know, nap, read a book, do some gardening, take the dog for a walk etc etc etc.

So boring.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Classic! Great cast, great story. Shaw & Durning great turns in supporting roles.
Went looking for it the other day but as I don't have Foxtel... no go. What I never knew, or maybe it was because it was crap and I didn't remember... there was a Sting2:unsure:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Top Gun Maverick or whatever it’s called. Trying to work out where it sits in my all time silliest movies list. Probably top quartile.

Unbearable Weight of Massive talent with Nicholas Cage. Passable. Just. I suppose.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The Eagle Has Landed. Heh heh heh… pretty corny at times but like a lot of those 70’s movies you keep watching anyway. Big name cast that probably wishes it wasn’t on their resume.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh like the Eiger Sanction or Odessa File

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
The Eagle Has Landed. Heh heh heh… pretty corny at times but like a lot of those 70’s movies you keep watching anyway. Big name cast that probably wishes it wasn’t on their resume.
When I was young I thought it was a top film, 1976 release, big cast, big time director, screenwriter but it didn't really age that wel. At most a two-time watch in your lifetime, and I've definitely used them up in the 80's when we had 4 TV channels to watch man!! :LOL:

But that film had so much promise, director is a stud John Sturges - Gunfight at the OK Corral, The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape - that's a darn good resume, Michael Caine and Donald Sutherland hitting night on 90 now and still in every second film or TV series I watch, Bobby Duvall who I just luv :love: Then Donald Pleasance, Anthony Quayle and the film even bats down to Treat Williams and old JR himself, Larry Hagman.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Yeh like the Eiger Sanction or Odessa File
Sadly the films didn't have that energy but the books are pretty good.
Read them years ago, enjoyed the books but I can't even remember the films they must''nt have rang a bell at all to keep/re-watch/talk about.
I've polished four books of the last month, one a week :)

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Watched the Black Phone the other night, not bad, not an all timer but very solid movie.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Cocaine bear came up a lot during the superbowl commercials (in Australia). Seems like a lock for gold class.

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Watched Goodfellas for the umpteenth time last night.

“You think I’m funny? Funny how? Funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?”

• Love
Reactions: 2 users