Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Forget Hitchcock, I don't think there has been a movie I'm more hanging out to see than this one

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Forget Hitchcock, I don't think there has been a movie I'm more hanging out to see than this one

Would you believe it is based on a true story?

Scientific title is more dope though.

methyl (1R,2R,3S,5S)-3- (benzoyloxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1] octane-2-carboxylate ursus americanus

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I gave some of the Apple movie docos a go.

Selena Gomez - about how she deals with depression. I didn’t know much about her to be honest so her life story was interesting. She started her career so very young. For whatever reason this one didn’t really connect with me. - 4/10
Sydney Poitier - Another who The only thing I knew was the name. What an amazing life starting with absolutely nothing to what he achieved and in the racist culture he achieved it in. Just passed away aged 94 this year. Heavily interview based including with the man himself. Enjoyed this a lot but if you are familiar with his life it may be less interesting - 8/10
Billie Eilish- I heard a little of her music being a triple j top 100 cd purchaser and it is just super unique and catchy. it’s quite long/slow but you really get to see her creative process and physical challenges and her becoming a global star while she is so young and the reactions of her parents who are super supportive but also still trying to be parents. She is also dealing with the challenges of social media and some mental health issues. The moments where she meets her idols and is just a fan too is also quite poignant. She is after all just a kid behind the image. - 7/10
The new Oprah 'Sidney' one or the early 2000's one - One Bright Light, I've only seen that one? :unsure:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Watched The Batman last night. Was going ok for the first 45 mins. Dark, edgy, storyline was ok. Then the stupid, fake, CGI and equally farcical action scenes started to overwhelm everything.

CGI = *smile* movie for mine. Don’t make the scene or movie if you have to do it with silly, fake CGI.

(Also laughable how Batman never actually kills anyone. Just punches everyone and they all go down - permanently.)

Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Watched The Batman last night. Was going ok for the first 45 mins. Dark, edgy, storyline was ok. Then the stupid, fake, CGI and equally farcical action scenes started to overwhelm everything.

CGI = *smile* movie for mine. Don’t make the scene or movie if you have to do it with silly, fake CGI.

(Also laughable how Batman never actually kills anyone. Just punches everyone and they all go down - permanently.)
I miss this:

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Saw the second instalment of Avatar - Way of the Water today in 3D. Bloody incredible IMO. James Cameron has raised the bar again. Got lost in another world for 3 hours. Pure entertainment.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Saw the second instalment of Avatar - Way of the Water today in 3D. Bloody incredible IMO. James Cameron has raised the bar again. Got lost in another world for 3 hours. Pure entertainment.
Me and my young bloke saw it twice last week in 24 hrs on the Gold Coast. Once in 3D then the next day at lunchtime in 2D.

He's down here next week and we're going to the IMAX Tuesday night to see it on their screen :eyes

Probably see it again when it heats up the next couple of weeks at Coburg, luv summer at the drive-ins, outdoors with a couple of seats next to the car, beers and popcorn :love:

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
So it's better than the first one then?
I've got it around the same as the first one. Seeing it a 3rd time Tuesday next week and for sure will see it a 4th time at Coburg drive-ins before my young bloke goes back to the Gold Coast for Uni mid-January.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Netflix's Glass Onion - A Knives Out Mystery whodunnit was lightweight but pretty good fun. A good cast & worth watching.
Yeah, entertaining but not much of a whodunnit. The motives for each suspect are explicitly stated rather than shown, no opportunity for any of them is really shown, vital information is withheld from the audience, and yet the killer is easy and obvious to pick, particularly if you're paying attention.

Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Finally watched House of Gucci, got to say, was much better than I thought it would be. Pacino was a force.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Stutz. Jonah Hill's film about his therapist, his methods and their friendship. Beautiful. On Netflix.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, entertaining but not much of a whodunnit. The motives for each suspect are explicitly stated rather than shown, no opportunity for any of them is really shown, vital information is withheld from the audience, and yet the killer is easy and obvious to pick, particularly if you're paying attention.
I wasn’t paying attention…cos it was as boring as batshit and I didn’t care who did it! The murder was an HOUR into the movie. For a whodunnit there wasn’t the slightest bit of suspense or interest or intrigue. But maybe that’s just me.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Banshees of Inisherin. Fecking brilliantly bleakly blackly funny and sad. Gleeson and Farrell, what a pairing. McDonagh, what a writer. The Irish, what can you say. The poetry and pain of life, it's in the blood.