Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Finally got around to watching Vice with Christian Bale as *smile* Cheney. Great viewing.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
What platform was that one TT?

Speaking of Platforms, I watched that on Netflix. Weird is an understatement.
I had to watch it on Apple TV movies on my iPad as you can’t cast from Apple TV.

Yeah, I watched Platform last week, weird it is.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Blade Runner 2049. Uuurrgghhh....243 minutes of plotless boring nothingness. Don’t bother.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Coherence. an indy Sci - Fi film set in a suburban home. worth a viewing.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Chernobyl the HBO series is gripping and brilliant. 5 episodes mini-series
And interesting viewing now in this pandemic, clear parallels with this current situation and also climate change.
Worth watching but also very harrowing

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Watched Bombshell last night. Pales against Netflix’s recent foray in the Fox News area with their Loudest Voice mini series. Felt like I’d already seen it.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Unorthodox on Netflix is worth a look. Not sure how reflective it is of the reality of ultra-orthodox Judaism but it's an interesting watch.
I've watched it too and my Jewish friends tell me it is unnervingly accurate in its representation.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Chernobyl the HBO series is gripping and brilliant. 5 episodes mini-series
And interesting viewing now in this pandemic, clear parallels with this current situation and also climate change.
Worth watching but also very harrowing

I watched it when it was first released last year. It's brilliant.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Watched “A beautiful day in the neighbourhood “ about tv kids show host Fred Rogers. I enjoyed it to a degree but 2 things, Hanks played Rogers a bit like some sort of “idiot savant” and there was too much focus on the fictional character of the magazine interviewers relationship issues with his father.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Watched “A beautiful day in the neighbourhood “ about tv kids show host Fred Rogers. I enjoyed it to a degree but 2 things, Hanks played Rogers a bit like some sort of “idiot savant” and there was too much focus on the fictional character of the magazine interviewers relationship issues with his father.
Haven't seen the film but seems a fascinating character.

You've probably seen this or it would be in the film but this is good viewing. Ahead of his time re mental health.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

I couldn't get past the first ten minutes of this one. I'd never seen the original show, but it just reminded me of all the shitty TV we watched in the 70s and 80s.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
I couldn't get past the first ten minutes of this one. I'd never seen the original show, but it just reminded me of all the shitty TV we watched in the 70s and 80s.
Ha, yeah, whilst Rogers (as JB put it was ahead of his time in one aspect ) his TV show itself looked very lame.