Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Ad Astra - someone had a big special effects budget and wanted to spend it all, to the point where the sets dominate the movie. Characters were cold and difficult to engage with, but I didn’t think the actors were given much to work with. Took a long-winded path to say not much at all, and would probably work better without the futuristic space setting. I expect it to fade into obscurity down the track.
Watched this on Foxtel movies tonight. Have to agree, dull and too slow for mine.

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Watched Da 5 Bloods on Netflix today, Spike Lee's latest film, and loved it. Better than Blackkklansman. It has a stunning performance from Delroy Lindo.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Watched Da 5 Bloods on Netflix today, Spike Lee's latest film, and loved it. Better than Blackkklansman. It has a stunning performance from Delroy Lindo.

I was amazed to discover recently that Delroy Lindo is English.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Champion
Apr 29, 2006

Thought the second half undid a lot of the good first half.

Delroy, however, was great throughout.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
A shout out to an old (2006) movie but one of my favourite comedies which I managed to track down on DVD recently. Still as funny as ever, in a so-dumb-it's-genius kinda way. Some will hate it though!

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
A shout out to an old (2006) movie but one of my favourite comedies which I managed to track down on DVD recently. Still as funny as ever, in a so-dumb-it's-genius kinda way. Some will hate it though!

It’s a classic! One of my favourites.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Watched Eurovision Song Contest with Will Ferrell on Netflix. Moderately amusing, 2hrs for a moderately amusing film is too long though.

Its been 12 years now since Ferrell has had a *smile* funny film.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Thunder Road . Indy flick . Tragic Comedy. Lead guy (who wrote and directed it as well ) does an incredible job ..
.. loosely based on the Springsteen song 'Thunder Road'..

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
The Dead Don't Die is as boring as bat *smile* and The very excellent Mr Dundee is as funny as a funeral. Don't bother watching either.

bigwow

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The Dead Don't Die is as boring as bat *smile* and The very excellent Mr Dundee is as funny as a funeral. Don't bother watching either.
Watched 'The Dead Don't Die' the other night, a bit underwhelming, watched 20 odd minutes of Mr Dundee, just too distracted by Hoge's teeth to concentrate.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
After watching the Feud mini series on Foxtel about Joan Crawford ( I always think of Derek and Clive when i hear her name) and Bette Davis i went and watched “Whatever happened to baby Jane?”. I quite enjoyed it, was probably more gripping back in 1962, not so much now. And i watched Mommie Dearest with Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford. High camp.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Cats : The Movie...what a stinker. Awful.

Knives Out. Was a reasonably fun Whodunnit movie til it dragged the last half hour.

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Gattaca ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“Manic depression: 42% probability. Attention deficit disorder: 89% probability....”

As a boy, it didn’t take long for Gattaca’s protagonist Vincent Freeman to resonate with me. Although as a teenager at secondary school, I had no idea why his story meant so much to me.

Watching the film as a father with a son... A son named “Vincent”, I made a lot more sense of my lifelong infatuation with this film.

The stories we connect with on the deepest level remind us of our own. And the stories that inspire can teach us self acceptance, or remind us that as bad as things may appear at first glance that “there is no gene for fate.”

Reactions: 4 users