Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched “A beautiful day in the neighbourhood “ about tv kids show host Fred Rogers. I enjoyed it to a degree but 2 things, Hanks played Rogers a bit like some sort of “idiot savant” and there was too much focus on the fictional character of the magazine interviewers relationship issues with his father.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Watched “A beautiful day in the neighbourhood “ about tv kids show host Fred Rogers. I enjoyed it to a degree but 2 things, Hanks played Rogers a bit like some sort of “idiot savant” and there was too much focus on the fictional character of the magazine interviewers relationship issues with his father.
Haven't seen the film but seems a fascinating character.

You've probably seen this or it would be in the film but this is good viewing. Ahead of his time re mental health.

Reactions: 1 user

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

I couldn't get past the first ten minutes of this one. I'd never seen the original show, but it just reminded me of all the shitty TV we watched in the 70s and 80s.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
I couldn't get past the first ten minutes of this one. I'd never seen the original show, but it just reminded me of all the shitty TV we watched in the 70s and 80s.
Ha, yeah, whilst Rogers (as JB put it was ahead of his time in one aspect ) his TV show itself looked very lame.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I have no recollection of his show being shown in Australia.

Explains why i never saw it. And after seeing the five minute recreation I saw Hanks do at the start of that film I was glad i didn't

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
and again please in English :)

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Report is an excellent look at the lies and cover-ups involved in the US's post-9/11 invasion of Iraq.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
I cant begin to tell you how bad the film version of the tv show Fantasy Island is.

Reactions: 1 user