MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

Is Dusty going to be charged over bowling over that idiot goal umpire?

Reactions: 1 user
Is Dusty going to be charged over bowling over that idiot goal umpire?
I appreciate it's a throwaway line, but I reckon it's a bit rich calling him an idiot.
To stay focused on the ball as a raging bull is heading straight at you was bloody fantastic imo.
Let's be grateful the bloke did his job and backed his judgment in, because if he said he thought it was a point or he didn't see it because he was protecting himself. ... we possibly don't win the game!

Reactions: 7 users
I appreciate it's a throwaway line, but I reckon it's a bit rich calling him an idiot.
To stay focused on the ball as a raging bull is heading straight at you was bloody fantastic imo.
Let's be grateful the bloke did his job and backed his judgment in, because if he said he thought it was a point or he didn't see it because he was protecting himself. ... we possibly don't win the game!
What happens when in his effort to "stay focussed" it results in a player suffering a long term injury?
Yes you've got to applaud his efforts to make sure he's in the best position to judge if it's a goal or not but last week when he actually put himself in the middle of a pack going the spoil?
Needs to develop the nouse to get out of the way.
No sensible person would complain if he'd have got out of the way of Dusty last night and been unable to say if it was a goal or not. It had to go upstairs anyway.

Last edited:
Will Nank be cited for his love tap to Hogan's guts?
Shouldn't - especially when Hogan proved to be a champion stager for that free kick (in Q3 perhaps) when he totally manufactured a pulling down on his arms by Bachar.
There was essentially no contact at all.
I'd be using the argument that once a stager always a stager and that he laid it on thick for the Nank one too.

Reactions: 1 users
What happens when in his effort to "stay focussed" it results in a player suffering a long term injury/
Yes you've got to applaud his efforts to make sure he's in the best position to judge if it's a goal or not but last week when he actually put himself in the middle of a pack going the spoil?
Needs to develop the nouse to get out of the way.
No sensible person would complain if he'd have got out of the way of Dusty last night and been unable to say if it was a goal or not. It had to go upstairs anyway.
What.... hide behind the goal post.... my point is that he did his job and had he not it's 99% gonna be called a behind if it goes upstairs. Obviously we see it differently.

Will Nank be cited for his love tap to Hogan's guts?

He collected Whitfield a bit late in the last few minutes too. Was a bit worried as it looked like he bumped him from behind to the head, but may have been to the back. Whitfield carried on so hopefully nothing to see here.

Shouldn't - especially when Hogan proved to be a champion stager for that free kick (in Q3 perhaps) when he totally manufactured a pulling down on his arms by Bachar.
There was essentially no contact at all.
I'd be using the argument that once a stager always a stager and that he laid it on thick for the Nank one too.

Yeah that one against Bash was ridiculous, there was no contact whatsoever, he dropped the mark very clearly.

Nanks and Lynch asked to top up AFL's coffers this week but Green got away with his act on Grimes. Also surprised the MRP didn't nail Dusty for dropping the goal ump such is their need to punish the Tigers

You know what *smile* me a lot. When some punk forward takes a whack at a defender, defender retaliates, forward falls to ground and its a free. Happened to us against Melbourne, happened again against GWS. I mentioned in the gameday thread that Hogan got Broad with a whack around the face, Broad reacts and its a free in front of goal. How about if these maggots are watching the players off the ball (as they must be to pay the retaliation) then pay the initial one.

Hogan fined for the whack on Broad, but I bet he's pretty happy with the goal that he got from it.

No crowd, make up the loss of cash by a couple of convenient acts of thuggery. *smile* you AFL, and *smile* you MRP.

There is definite angst and spite bw the AFL and punt rd. Dimma's I hate coming here comment wasn't off the cuff and Benny doesn't usually lose his cool. No surprise the AFL fined us.

Reactions: 1 users