MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
See the trouble is 'most" journos are part of the "instittuion", they put hard questions up, the they lose the accreditation, hence risk theur livelyhood
Its not just the question asking. Where is the character assassination from the media Lynch style?

Reactions: 2 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Its not just the question asking. Where is the character assassination from the media Lynch style?

Don't want to get on the wrong side of Shocking and hence the AFL. Media outside of the usual couple are either on the take from the AFL or squat to pee. Its disgusting.

Reactions: 1 user

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
rubbish footballer...impossible to respect..cant think of another footballer whove ive loathed more than selwood...his well practiced and rehersed tactis to win free kicks is plain repulsive,,he has done it his whole carrer and proud of it,,,this year its been his throwing ....i prefer leaders who practice great hard in and under gutsy footy like cotchin or dusty,s dont argue not selwoods cheap rubbish..and he is a gutless sniper to..imagine the uproar if that was lynch??..but it was selwood so its all good,,,,,,,i hate no other side like i do geelong....a team trying to buy a flag this year..for the good of the game i hope the fail

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Selwood is a flawed champion,

He is unequivocally a champion footballer, but in doing whatever it takes to satiate his competitive drive,

he comes very close to cheating.

But the umpires are at fault for falling for it.

KB used to have gift for milking a free.

its not a new concept.

A lot of champs are flawed.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Selwood is a flawed champion,

He is unequivocally a champion footballer, but in doing whatever it takes to satiate his competitive drive,

he comes very close to cheating.

But the umpires are at fault for falling for it.

KB used to have gift for milking a free.

its not a new concept.

A lot of champs are flawed.

Difference is they changed the rules to stop KB milking frees.

No need to change the rules to stop Selwood getting frees, just stop paying him frees for flopping forward. Oh, and report him when he goes to gouge someone's eyes out and actually suspend him for that disgusting behaviour.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yep and what Lynch did was nowhere near what Selwood did (and has done repeatedly). One gets lauded as a champion, tough as nails, courageous, the other as a serial offender and to be hounded out of the game.

Selwood is nothing but a cheat and will be remembered for it, no regard to his football ability, which is ultimately a shame, but comes back on him and what he'd rather do in order to win a game.

Bear in mind people from other clubs seem to hate Dusty, yet he has never really been involved in this, never ducks or acts for frees etc. I reckon Dusty gets booed far more than Selwood does. I also know which one cheats more.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
No.

If you are going to call a comment stupid with no justification, and the poster asks for an explanation, then I think they are entitled to one.
Do you really think anyone who boos Selwood will be called racist?
Im guessing not, so all you are doing with that quote is trying to start an argument about a topic that has been done to death.

That is why it was a stupid comment.

Reactions: 8 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Deliberate dodgy and dirty behaviour by Selwood
No place on the footy field for actions like those.
A suspension is very appropriate

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Very little commentary so far about the wet lettuce leaf decision on Selwood’s disgraceful antics. Let’s see what today brings.
Heard the occasional footnote in various conversations over the weekend. .... "lucky, he's better than that, shouldn't be doing it, etc etc....." as opposed to "filthy dogs act Lynch"!
Just saw a headline for the tripe Barrett rolls out daily. ...... "Hardest man in football. ....." at which point I stopped reading.
Nothing hard about some of the *smile* Selwood has got away with his entire career!

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Both cited as first offence, how the *smile* does that work, twice in one game, can't both be first offences.
Plus he's a serial offender.
The AFL is rooted.
If the officials did their jobs properly, he should have been cited for the dirty acts he did on Baker in the grand final. That would have made it the first offense. Instead they ignored it and the commentators were complicit in it by joking about it and going on about “ fighting to the end”. Same as the *smile* dangerflog pulls. Constantly diving and staging for frees, either ignored by the media or joked about. But as soon as one of our guys does it, Spanish Inquisition time. Ffs, dangerflog even admits to it and still crickets from the media