MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

has anyone else been sent to the tribunal, had their case not really prosecuted by the defence bloke, and then been fined?

what an extraordinary outcome.

Green looked like Michael Jacksons psychotic chimpanzee ripping at Bonts hair.

and he got the same penalty as Dusty gentle little mime snort?

Jeez.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Green looked like Michael Jacksons psychotic chimpanzee ripping at Bonts hair.
Perfect description.

Did anyone see him after he stepped out of the tribunal?

He spoke like one of the true psychopaths on death row that were interviewed by Werner Herzog. A very odd young man.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Egads, clearly favouring Green. He has form, he gouges someone's face, and doesn't get suspended. How do they expect anyone to take them seriously?

Words are inadequate to describe how ridiculous this is.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The other aspect of greens penalty is the AFL's publicity machine screaming

'Enormous fine!'

Relative to my wage, its about $300. Which i get if i park in a no stopping area.

If i sat on a bloke and had a frenzy trying to pop his eye out and scalp him, id be blood tested for methamphetamines and charged with aggravated assault.

Who do these AFL *smile* think they're kidding?

Reactions: 6 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Can you imagine what sort of penalty would have been handed out if that was a tiger player?? At least 2 weeks and probably 3 or 4.

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003
MRP is a joke. Right up there with Score review process..

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
AFL just want GWS to win the :cupgold
If it was Dusty or anoy of our players doing that AFL would make sure they got 3 game suspension to miss GF

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
According to the MRP eye gouging and pushing an opponents head into the turf is OK. Also grabbing someone by the throat and throwing them into the fence is OK.
Precedent set until a Tiges player makes a "gesture".

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
What really P!55s me off about this whole episode is the absolute hypocrisy of the AFL. When Bachar Houli accidently hit a Carlton bloke he was slapped by the media & the AFL because the penalty was too lenient. Bachar had an impeccable record prior to that incident, he'd NEVER been reported or cited for anything in all of his career including his junior years.

The grubby Greene piece of excrement has been up 17 times & somehow gets off with a measly fine.
It's a disgrace of the highest order. Where's the AFLs fearless leader when a tough decision is needed? Useless pissant that he is.

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What really P!55s me off about this whole episode is the absolute hypocrisy of the AFL. When Bachar Houli accidently hit a Carlton bloke he was slapped by the media & the AFL because the penalty was too lenient. Bachar had an impeccable record prior to that incident, he'd NEVER been reported or cited for anything in all of his career including his junior years.

The grubby Greene piece of excrement has been up 17 times & somehow gets off with a measly fine.
It's a disgrace of the highest order. Where's the AFLs fearless leader when a tough decision is needed? Useless pissant that he is.

I think the fearless leader was there when a decision was needed, it's just that the decision was to prioritise GWS over consistency and fairness.

DS

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne

This.

Disgraceful.

17 times reported. How long has he been playing? Nine years? I reckon even Dermie, Roger Merrett, Carl Ditterich and Mad Dog Muir didn’t achieve 17 reports in 9 years and they played in eras when the game was much more violent. Greene plays in an era when everything is sanitised and most players rarely do anything remotely like this.

Also disgraceful that no one in the media is willing to call this out.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
They get reported for farting these days. Back in the good old days you had to genuinely thump some one to get reported.
A fair few of his MRP complaints have been for a melee.

Melee v. Wrestling for shekels. Used only in the Australian Football League as an activity to generate revenue for the Executive Class.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Did I hear correctly that Toby has been offered a week for his rummaging of the Brisvegas players face or was I just wishful dreaming? Bloody idiot, if ever there was a game that Gee Whizz need him it's against Colonwood, he can earn himself a week during that game.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Did I hear correctly that Toby has been offered a week for his rummaging of the Brisvegas players face or was I just wishful dreaming? Bloody idiot, if ever there was a game that Gee Whizz need him it's against Colonwood, he can earn himself a week during that game.
Tobes is what he is. Shouldn't have played this week.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
You watch both will get off.

I have no faith in Christian or the AFL as a whole.

Toby shouldn’t have played last week= Brisvegas wins

He will cop a fine again.

Hawkins will get off too! Downgraded to careless and they will argue in play. Wasn’t how Hall got got off?

I’m sure we want to beat the Cats with there best available so hopefully when we smash that smug , arrogant Scott’s team from our home ground back to the Cattery there will be no excuses at his presser.

I’m sure Collingwood would want the same!

Last edited: