Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
He did look tentative, and maybe was a bit overawed.
I did expect him to tackle to hurt, but just didn't get to the contest.

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Good on him for debuting but nothing more than a bush footballer

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Keep him in for another few weeks.

Some are expecting miracles.

Not the greatest preparation for a debut when you were named to start 10 minutes before the game started.

Reactions: 8 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Keep him in for another few weeks.

Some are expecting miracles.

Not the greatest preparation for a debut when you were named to start 10 minutes before the game started.
Yep crazy what people are saying for a first gamer. Seen plenty in the VFL to suggest he's got great potential. Totally mismatched against a player 3cm taller and 14kg heavier. I don't see him playing as a traditional tall, he has great skill at ground level and is quick. Give him time. I'd keep him in. Gives flexibility to move Balta around.

Reactions: 6 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yep, another few for me before we draw any conclusions. Thought he competed in the air against Rat okay, just struggled with the pace of the game.

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
H
Yep crazy what people are saying for a first gamer. Seen plenty in the VFL to suggest he's got great potential. Totally mismatched against a player 3cm taller and 14kg heavier. I don't see him playing as a traditional tall, he has great skill at ground level and is quick. Give him time. I'd keep him in. Gives flexibility to move Balta around.
What "He has great skill" he couldn't bounce the ball correctly. What were you watching.
It was embarrassing.
Shocking performance don't sugar coat it.
Looked like Tazan played like Bambi

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
H

What "He has great skill" he couldn't bounce the ball correctly. What were you watching.
It was embarrassing.
Shocking performance don't sugar coat it.
Looked like Tazan played like Bambi
Have seen him bounce the ball correctly plenty of times. You have Alzheimer's, only remember last 5 minutes of a player's career?

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
All far too early a debut for the lad. Needs a season in VFL to learn about the game so hope he won't dwell too much on his first game at the highest level. He will learn given time but whether he has the attributes for an AFL career remain to be seen

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
People think this guy has more to offer than Koschitzke? Jesus Kosi must be bad.
Kosi didn't do much in the magoos game. At least Liftupmykilti has got the game one hype, family, haka, out of the system. Let him have another run next week n see what happens.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Allir has smashed a lot better players than Lefau. Reckon he kicks 4 v WC.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
All far too early a debut for the lad. Needs a season in VFL to learn about the game so hope he won't dwell too much on his first game at the highest level. He will learn given time but whether he has the attributes for an AFL career remain to be seen
He's had a few VFL seasons now - one with Casey (2017), and a couple with us (one also interupted by an ACL).
At 26yo, I hope he's got some scope for improvement.

Feb 25, 2007
He had no idea.
That play in the last 5 minutes was embarrassing.
Who the *smile* bounces a ball like that??
How Cumberland dosent get selected has me fked

I am more perplexed by some saying give him 2-3 games in a row, why? he shouldn't have been picked in the first place, Still to roar.
As I've said this year should all be about learning in a professional full-time environment. Needs to go back to the ressies and learn the caper.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
This is what perplexes me T-Love.
He's short for a tall and hasnt shown to be an exceptional mark. So he plays as a 3rd medium tall and so will be often manned by a Ratogolea type.
Not many medium undersized talls make it. Stringer and Langford at the bombers.

With Dusty and Shai and 3 talls its relatively easy to escape our forward line.
The alternative is another small there e.g. Judson .
Hope Mykelti does well in the next few games.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I honestly wish the guy the best but just have to say, was quite underwhelmed by that game. Not exactly sure what he really brings based on that performance. Marking? Nah - like many of ours today, got his hands to some but didn't haul any strong ones in I can remember. Kicking? Nope. Tackling? Just a couple of standard ones maybe. Huge speed? Didn't look strikingly quick.

And what was he doing with the ball with that long running opportunity into goal late in the game. Kept waiting for him to try and snap a goal. Was he deciding which foot, probably needed to get on his left.
In the end, just ran till he was tackled. Looked like he'd forgotten which code he was playing and was thinking of running it over for a try.

Sorry, but summed this game up for me. Just not sure what he actually brings playing against the big boys at the top level. Hope I'm wrong and he can develop further and really prove he's up to AFL level.

rat bastad

I'm a llama!
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Wow, ud think half f the knockers here had played 250 outstanding AFL games ;)

The guy's made his way from Rugby to AFL...hence his age, so its been a long journey. He's overcome an ACL along the way and worked his a$$ off to get here....there are no free lunches.

It's his first AFL game in a side that lets face it was way below their best today against a side that could finish top 4.

Give the bloke a break and lets see what he can do. We're light on in physiques and bodies atm and at 195cm and around 100 kegs we could use his weight being thrown around given a few games. Let's see what he can do given some games.

MRJ has played nearly 30 games and still looks lost at times.

Peace.

Reactions: 7 users

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
Wow, ud think half f the knockers here had played 250 outstanding AFL games ;)

The guy's made his way from Rugby to AFL...hence his age, so its been a long journey. He's overcome an ACL along the way and worked his a$$ off to get here....there are no free lunches.

It's his first AFL game in a side that lets face it was way below their best today against a side that could finish top 4.

Give the bloke a break and lets see what he can do. We're light on in physiques and bodies atm and at 195cm and around 100 kegs we could use his weight being thrown around given a few games. Let's see what he can do given some games.

MRJ has played nearly 30 games and still looks lost at times.

Peace.
Felt a bit for him as he seemed pretty lost….but he’s not the first player to put in a stinker first up. toward the end of the game he was involved in a bit of play where he looked much more composed….game was over by then, so suggests he may have had a serious case of nerves early on. He’s broken the ice now - wouldn’t be the worst thing for him to go back to VFL and hope for another run in the Seniors down the track.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Never understood the hype from the beginning. Yeah, it's one game , but if you haven't got natural football iinstincts, forget about it.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
The Oooze said he seemed a bit lost at times. Understandable. Was not meant to play so early.