Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

I like him but if Mansell or Hugo or George got 3 possessions they would be molested on this site.

Look good in the contest but Once he lost or was out of the contest he showed little.

Reactions: 1 users
My biggest concern with Lefau is intensity.

He seems to really be out of the contest, when he's out of the contest.

He has weapons. I want to see him with the confidence and drive to use them. Smash in!

Reactions: 8 users
Great to see reward with 2 goals. Does look a little lost out there at times and needs to impose himself on contests a bit more over 4 quarters. There’s lots more development needed in him to be a permanent AFL player.

Excellent 2nd game for our 3rd tall that came on when Lynch would go off or when Balta was relieving in the ruck
Kelti did his job kicked 2 goals harassed tackled and provided an option when going forward

Reactions: 3 users
Did his job today. Two goals and an assist in his second game A work in progress
He had two jobs today in a way - one was to recover from a very disappointing debut and he achieved that which must have been a great relief to him personally and his family
To then contribute to a win was a great effort

Reactions: 3 users
I see plenty of potential. His aim is to build confidence at the highest level. He shows immense intensity at VFL level so I think it will come. I think he will probably make way for Dusty though if he's back.

Reactions: 1 user
I loved his goals.
But he’s still very raw at this stage

Similar to my thoughts, you won't see many better 3 possession games, 2 goals, 1 from 50 and a beautifully weighted kick to Lynch for the goal assist too, but he does seem to be a little off the pace. Not unexpected with a guy so new to elite level footy though.

Hesitates and isn't sure what to do when there is a bit of a crowd. 1:1 he's fine and attacks hard. Either he's not sure what to do, overthinks what he should do, or just doesn't back himself.

His two goals will help lift his confidence. Soon he'll know what to do when there's a bit of a crowd as well. We need to keep him in for another 4 or 5 games, if only to get used to the speed of the game. Then give me a 1 or 2 week rest in the 2nds to really boost his confidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Big guy, but like to see a bit more manic defensive efforts. Pass today ✅

Reactions: 2 users
Maximum effect with minimal disposals.

Will give him a lot of confidence.

Much more assertive today and his 2 goals and 1 assist were value for possessions. Good second game and a lot to like.

Loved when he "interacted" with heeney I think it was earlier in the game seemingly innocuous incident swan stayed down like he'd been shot. Either the player was faking .... therefore likely heeney 😉 , or doesn't take much for kelts to hurt folk
Either scenario plausible

Recorded as the quickest player on the park yesterday by some distance (not bad at 195cm) so he's certainly added some much needed speed to our side even if he's still very raw. Big improvement on game 1.

Needs to throw his weight around more and tackle harder. Also less spectating when the ball is in his area.

Needs to throw his weight around more and tackle harder. Also less spectating when the ball is in his area.
100% this. Too much ball watching when the ball is in his area, needs to apply much much more pressure, and compete a lot harder