Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

rat bastad

I'm a llama!
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Last weeks comments "Lefau is *smile*, drop him, delist him, match selectors don't know *smile*"

This week's comments "star light star bright Lefau the only star that shines tonight"

Literally a 4? Game player. Give a kid a fkn run and appreciate this takes time.

Said this after his first game - just needs time on the Park.

Remember, hes never played on this ground either.

Well done young man.

Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Mobile mid size, he'll keep the Cummerbund out of the side the way he's stepped his game up over the three weeks he's played.
Different player Cumbo is a HF
MJ Mansell Campbell are playing chosen ahead of him

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Just about the only thing worth watching about the game today, certainly woulda had me liftingmykiltup if I was wearing one. Him n Nigel worked very well up forward for us from limited opportunities.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Wow. 4th game, a rugby league convert? amazing. Attacking the ball more, timing his leads better and more consistently, strong one-grab marks (mostly), 3, count 'em 3 goals, and 2 pretty easy misses, and a passionfruit icing on the cake, the 2 slow motion won't-take-no-for-an-answer fends! hilarious.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Different player Cumbo is a HF
MJ Mansell Campbell are playing chosen ahead of him
At full strength Lynch, Balta then Liftmykiltup playing as a tall, mobile lead up similar to Gunston in Hawforns heyday. Then Dusty n Shai rotating as the mid forwards, let Nigel, Moju n Seth fight it out in rotation for the other two small forward spots and bench.
Still got a long way to go for Liftmykiltup growth and experience wise, but for three games in there's not a lot to *smile* complain about.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Improving week on week but still needs to get more involved at times
Agree with that although he did best when leading up to the ball carrier. Build on that.

Footy is all about getting to as many contests as possible and competing. Easier said than done, but a simple goal for Lefau to follow. Had good one grab marking hands today - essential skill to have.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Is our 3rd highest Goalkicker for the Year with 6.
Behind $hai and Cahoonas Baker.
Not bad for an NRL guy.

Fair set shot too.
Maybe he can run a class for MoJu and some of the others.
Just keep presenting, Myki.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Struggled a little bit against Ross Lyon's wall last week, he wouldn't be the first to do that. He was marked a bit hard for mine.
GWS were down on their scoreboard average for the year by 6 goals against the Saints on Saturday.

Looking forward to May looking for the bus that hit him when Myki tests out his ribs on Anzac Day eve.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Struggled a little bit against Ross Lyon's wall last week, he wouldn't be the first to do that. He was marked a bit hard for mine.
GWS were down on their scoreboard average for the year by 6 goals against the Saints on Saturday.

Looking forward to May looking for the bus that hit him when Myki tests out his ribs on Anzac Day eve.
That's the thing, you expect him to KO May, he is a quality kick, he has nice hands, but a rabbit when the ball is up for grabs.
How many balls has he won on his own??
How many tackles has he had in forward 50??
Fingers crossed he improves because we have no one else.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
That's the thing, you expect him to KO May, he is a quality kick, he has nice hands, but a rabbit when the ball is up for grabs.

Is tracking nicely, if I have one doubt on him, it's his agility when the ball is on the deck.

Edit

Myki is probably about a dozen or so games back from an ACL, he's a big unit, so is probably still getting confidence in it.

Last edited:

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

This is fair. I think we can all see the potential for rapid improvement in a professional environment. Has multiple afl traits IMO so will come down to his ability to grow footy smarts.

Snatch

Tiger Cub
Feb 22, 2022
He & Nank were the only two who had a fair dinkum crack for four quarters.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wow. 4th game, a rugby league convert? amazing. Attacking the ball more, timing his leads better and more consistently, strong one-grab marks (mostly), 3, count 'em 3 goals, and 2 pretty easy misses, and a passionfruit icing on the cake, the 2 slow motion won't-take-no-for-an-answer fends! hilarious.

Best part of the posts since the game are the haters who are trying to claim they were justified in calling for his head/career last week. His third game of senior footy. Now after his fourth game, everything has changed.

It's amazing what one game of footy can do for some. Though to be fair, you could say the change in attitude is after careful studying of his last 25% of games.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Best part of the posts since the game are the haters who are trying to claim they were justified in calling for his head/career last week. His third game of senior footy. Now after his fourth game, everything has changed.

It's amazing what one game of footy can do for some. Though to be fair, you could say the change in attitude is after careful studying of his last 25% of games.
Yeh, he took a couple of strong lead-up marks in the pre-season games that showed he had something. His kicking is very good. He is fast and powerful with good hands. Yeh he is older, but jeez he has some upside. He is basically playing one out as a key forward in a side that is decimated by injury.

Love how some are indicating the rocket they delivered last week spurred this performance!! The magic of PRE.

• Haha

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Agree with that although he did best when leading up to the ball carrier. Build on that.

Footy is all about getting to as many contests as possible and competing. Easier said than done, but a simple goal for Lefau to follow. Had good one grab marking hands today - essential skill to have.
His marking was noticeably cleaner. All part of his history and reflecting that despite his age, his capacity to improve is very high.