Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
He is starting to look more like a footballer. It's going to be an interesting watch to see how much he can improve this year.

Reactions: 4 users

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014
Shocked that Lefau covered 14.8km tonight
Thats an amazing effort for tall forward

😮. He did seem to pop up in lots of places. He was actually leading in the forward line. Saw him make leads out to the wings!!

Loved his spear tackle as well.

Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
He should be proud up against May etc such a big ask for him with little to no tall support

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
People are saying he improved.
Ira fantastic that he ran 15kms but when the ball is in the open he struggles to read the play.
He isn't instinctive he is reactive and seems to be always a couple metres behind.

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
When you consider his lack of experience, the lack of forward line support, and the defenders that he’s therefore attracting from batting way too high up the order, he’s been nothing less than phenomenal.

Reactions: 8 users

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Tank seems ok. What’s his inside game like? Seems fairly quick. Is it worth a try?

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
He looks good when leading to the ball carrier. Good hands and a good kick. Looks lost everywhere else. Has no natural forward skills.

Will wait & see.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Some of you guys have a stick up your arses. We just got smashed. Two goals in the second half.
Lefau is a fighter. Doing very very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

NZtiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2008
Wellington
It’s a pretty tough gig for a newly promoted train-on player to be tasked with playing the sole key forward. He keeps presenting and is still learning the game. A better option than Kositske as a forward in my opinion (seems a really nice guy but I’d have to give Blair an F for that trade).

Reactions: 1 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Some of you guys have a stick up your arses. We just got smashed. Two goals in the second half.
Lefau is a fighter. Doing very very well.
,Kept at the contests, created the spillage for our forwards when he didn't mark

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
One key forward, a bloke who's an ex Rugby League player, still building back from a year out knee reco n played all of four games at AFL level takes on two of the best big defenders in the comp in May n Lever.
Yet we've still got people want to nit pick n whinge over his performance, geez we've got some farking imbeciles out in PRE land at times.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
3rd quarter, I think, he was listed as having run more than anyone on the ground.
Noticed that too - but now have a general question (and this is a side issue and not directed specifically at Lefau at all)

Does that measure include every step a player takes while on the ground - or at least during game time?

And for a forward who is waiting for lengthy periods where the ball is down the other end - presumably that could include walking/jogging from the goal square towards the middle? And it could be that he goes back and forth on a number of occasions during a quarter - even though the ball might get cut off and be sent back to the backline.

Just wondering then whether a player might track several hundreds of metres in a quarter even while hardly being in the play much at all. Plus he could do a couple of decent sprints when he's being rotated.

Dunno

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Couldn’t understand the criticism a couple of weeks ago. Reckon he’s been real good every week since debuting. And I reckon he’s gonna get much better too. Big ceiling.

Yeah he ain’t gonna be any Jack but he can at least be a level up on a Mihocek type of player and give us something to aim at over the next few years.

Good on him I reckon.

Reactions: 8 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Feel sorry for him.Thrust into being the main target after 4 games.
Wish he was around a few yrs ago when Lynch & Jack were up & about.
Ideal 3rd man.