Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

Recruiting from our vfl squad gives more incentive to players to join our vfl program

Reactions: 11 users
Age is an issue here. At 26, we don’t have the luxury of putting 2-3 years of development into him before seeing any kind of return.

I wouldn’t be giving Lefau a spot, even as a rookie, unless the club was confident he was very close to or even in our best 23 right now.

Age is an issue here. At 26, we don’t have the luxury of putting 2-3 years of development into him before seeing any kind of return.

I wouldn’t be giving Lefau a spot, even as a rookie, unless the club was confident he was very close to or even in our best 23 right now.
I think he probably is close to best 22 and the issue wouldn’t have been a problem if he hadn’t been forced to miss most of 2023 because of injury.
With Lynch and Sonsie likely to be missing early, a starting forward line of
Baker Bolton Hopper
Cumberland Balta Lefau,
looks about right.

Reactions: 1 users
Recruiting from our vfl squad gives more incentive to players to join our vfl program
DO we want to incentivise a vfl squad or improve our afl squad?
Maybe Mykelti does both.
But we gotta choose for the best chance of success.

On the vfl squad we seem to have a clear plan for afl development and opportunity for afl picks (hello essendern).
Not for winning flags at the vfl level. Its a strong strategy

Reactions: 1 users
I think he probably is close to best 22 and the issue wouldn’t have been a problem if he hadn’t been forced to miss most of 2023 because of injury.
With Lynch and Sonsie likely to be missing early, a starting forward line of
Baker Bolton Hopper
Cumberland Balta Lefau,
looks about right.
sight unseen at the level & yet you are saying he is close to best 22 !

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Not sold on this guy his got athletic ability , but can he do the basics good in footy.

Schofield the other one trialling from all reports has been impressive.

Maybe Mykelti does both.

On the vfl squad we seem to have a clear plan for afl development and opportunity for afl picks (hello essendern).

I was talking to my daughter about this strategy the other day. There are no supporters of the Richmond VFL side, they are Richmond AFL supporters that follow the VFL side so it makes perfect sense to push towards a strategy that brings players into the VFL side that are young and have upside. Gone are the days of bringing in the VFL best players who take the most coin, nope, we want out younger AFL players to dominate the VFL side, and we want the VFL players that compliment this to be potential AFL players. You just need to look at the players that we have signed to the VFL programme in recent years which shows we may like some players in the draft but not enough to recruit them. Players such as Yassine, El Nour, Teal and Bravo as examples. Yassine probably the one there a bit outside of the box.

I have a lot of respect for players like Lachie Street and Angus Hicks who I'm sure could go and play for more money at a standalone club, but choose to keep their leadership roles at the club and see their focus being on bringing these kids through and developing them.

Reactions: 4 users
sight unseen at the level & yet you are saying he is close to best 22 !
Saw him a bit in 22 but yes in answer to your patronising question suggest that with Lynch and Sonsie not available for the first couple, that he will be selected to play early on.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe Mykelti does both.

Lambert, Young and Trezise all great vfl selections, and now maybe Lefau to join them.
Mate Colina, also a chance?

my post was neither a question, nor patronising.
I’d agree with half of what you say. It wasn’t a question.
As things stand he has an excellent chance of being drafted. He has got that hardness and never say die rarely seen.
Absent Lynch and Sonsie I think he will play early.

I’d agree with half of what you say. It wasn’t a question.
As things stand he has an excellent chance of being drafted. He has got that hardness and never say die rarely seen.
Absent Lynch and Sonsie I think he will play early.
So he has gone past Koschitzke?

So he has gone past Koschitzke?
As previously I reckon the belief here in Koschitzke is unwarranted.
He did very little with the hawks who offered him peanuts to stay and obviously think Chol the better prospect.
I wouldn’t say he has gone past Kos yet, but he has special skills and I expect him to perform well in the preseason and in the absence of Lynch and Sonsie, make himself hard to overlook.

Reactions: 2 users
No idea what he could do but only role I could see him play is the Stringer type role of massive bullocking half forward type player who seeks and causes damage to the oppostion backs and could possibly spend a few minutes on the ball at times

Not sure if he has the smarts to do it. Whilst he is traditional size for key forward I dont think he has it in him considering lack of overhead skills.

Certainly fun to watch in the reserves.